If you combine a strong work ethic with flexibility and attention to detail, this position offers you several attractive opportunities:
- We'll provide initial and ongoing training and cross-training, such as helping you become certified in forklift operation, HAZWOP and more.
- You'll work in an upbeat, team-oriented environment within an air-conditioned warehouse.
- Success in this role could set you up to pursue advancement to the Lead or even Supervisor level.
- We offer competitive competition and comprehensive benefits, and we'll provide personal safety equipment.
- You'll support SPX Flow's globally recognized Dehydration division, which includes leading brands like Hankison, Deltech, and others.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will verify and keep records on outgoing shipments, and prepare items for shipment by performing the following duties to quality, safety and productivity standards.
- Developing and maintaining a good working knowledge of part numbers and part usage, and understanding applications for product use.
- Comparing identifying information and counting, weighing, or measuring items of outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Determining method and mode of shipment to customer requirements.
- Preparing and expediting shipments, including:
- Determining labeling requirements.
- Assembling and packing product containers.
- Preparing and affixing shipping labels on packed cartons, skids or other storage devices in an accurate manner, including any special labels that are customer required.
- Preparing all shipping documents in a timely and accurate manner.
- Posting weights and shipping charges, and affixing postage.
- Operating equipment according to safety and productivity requirements, including lift trucks, hand trucks and carts.
- Correctly applying the UPS shipping system, including physical and transactional shipping, handheld material moves, material work order moves, and cycle count processes.
- Operating stretch wrap banders.
- Maintaining inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
You also will need to complete forklift and WAV training, and become certified and maintain certification through OSHA approved forklift, HAZWOP, RCRA, Hazardous Waste and DOT Hazardous certification.
We're hiring for the day shift, Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm, with the possibility of overtime. You would start at 6 am to work overtime.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Great attention to detail and accuracy.
- The ability to:
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Communicate orally or in written form effectively with co-workers, departments, preferably customers and vendors as well.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Solve practical problems independently, including interpreting and resolving problems and issues using a variety of instructions or guides furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some experience with material handling/shipping & receiving, preferably including RF scanners, loading trucks, UPS processes, inventory, and picking & packing.
- Experience with forklifts, work assist vehicles or other relevant equipment would be helpful.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Frequent lifting or with other means for movement of boxes or parts. May also include frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of parts and part containers can also be expected.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The performance of this position normally requires exposure to a typical manufacturing areas were under certain conditions that require the use of personal protective equipment such as Safety Glasses with Side Shields and mandatory hearing protection. Primary environment: Temperature of work area may be affected by outside temperatures and machining. Industrial lighting provided.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time.
- Embrace teamwork with no borders.
- Be obsessed with being the best.
- Own your actions.
- Ask the hard question.
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.