If you are a true hunter with the ability to establish relationships based on trust and credibility, this position offers you several compelling opportunities. You will:
- Take over a territory that includes some existing accounts as well as plenty of potential for growth.
- Represent a robust portfolio of highly respected brands (pumps, valves, and more) to a diverse industrial customer base.
- "Own" your multi-state territory and enjoy both the autonomy and support you need to excel.
- Showcase your capacity to take on additional responsibilities or pursue advancement with a global industry leader with multiple industrial product lines.
- Enjoy a positive culture, work with great people, and earn competitive competition and comprehensive benefits.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We're looking for a proven industrial sales professional who wants to take the bull by the horns and make an impact. Your key objectives will include:
- Building and maintaining customer relationships in the region.
- Creating demand for the organization's products and services by raising their profile with customers.
- Achieving revenue targets by increasing revenue spend per account.
Specific activities will include:
- Expanding and penetrating existing accounts.
- Developing new business and winning back former customers.
- Prospecting and researching leads.
- Cold calling.
- Meeting with customer and prospect contacts at all organizational levels.
- Closing sales.
You may conduct regular status and strategy meetings with the customer's senior management to understand their needs and link them to our product/service strategies. In short order you should start to identify a core account group to enable the region to function at capacity. An important key to your success will be your ability to invest your time wisely and maximize results in a large territory.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong sales skills with the ability to handle highly complex sales.
- Excellent account management skills combined with the ability to generate and develop new business opportunities.
- Strong understanding of business, financials, products & services.
- A technical mindset with the ability to understand the needs of the customer.
- Have or ability to achieve subject-matter-expertise in a specific area.
- Ability and skill to set and negotiate terms.
- Persistence, tenacity and fortitude to break into new accountants.
- Excellent relationship-building, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivation and the ability to achieve goals independently.
- Strong time management abilities.
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office Suite.
You'll work out of your home office and cover and extended Midwestern region. You could be based anywhere, but a central location would be best. The role involves traveling 60% to 70% of the time, depending on where you live.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 to 5 years of Industrial sales experience with technical product aptitude and the ability to develop subject matter expertise.
- A proven track record of successful sales hunting and developing new business in similar market/customer base for aftermarket products.
- Solid lead research and lead generation experience.
- Experience with rotating equipment, ideally pumps.
- A bachelor’s degree, ideally in a technical field.
- Experience selling to oil & gas (downstream, midstream), power utilities, refineries/petrochemical, steel, water/waste-water, pulp/paper, and/or liquid pipeline contractors/operators.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time.
- Embrace teamwork with no borders.
- Be obsessed with being the best.
- Own your actions.
- Ask the hard question.
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.