If you combine broad mechanical skills (pump repair, machinist, etc.) with proven leadership abilities, this working supervisor position offers you several attractive opportunities. You will:
- Make an impact overseeing a team of Technicians, taking a hands-on approach to getting the work done, and interacting directly with customers.
- Enjoy a collaborative and upbeat team-oriented culture that values work/life balance (people enjoy working at SPX Flow and we have a high number of long-tenured employees).
- Expand your skills and experience, and showcase your potential to advance.
- Align your career with a global industry leader and support top products in the Bolting Systems® brand.
- Earn competitive pay, bonus potential and comprehensive benefits -- and full benefits start on day one of employment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will oversee the rental, repair and refurbishment of various equipment, including pumps, torque wrenches, nut splitters and more. In addition to supervising a team of Shop Technicians, you'll interact with customers to ensure top quality service and satisfaction. You'll motivate a diverse team, applying both a proactive and reactive approach as necessary. This is a "player/coach" role, and you'll work alongside your team, both to get the work done and to fill in if someone is out.
Overall team activities include:
- Performing hand- on maintenance, troubleshooting / assessment, and repair work.
- Working from prints, process sheets, with written and verbal instructions to tolerances of .0005.
- Using gauges, calipers, and micrometers to measure work.
- Filling out detailed inspection reports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven strong leadership skills, with the ability to coach and motivate teams.
- A strong sense of urgency and a commitment to customer service.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Basic math skills, including percentages and the ability to count accurately.
- Good interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- A quality orientation and attention to detail.
- The ability to work overtime, including weekends and after hours, as business needs dictate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma.
- 5 years of pump repair or very similar experience.
- 4 years of experience leading warehouse or shop technicians.
- 4 years of mechanical or hydraulic experience.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in equipment rental environment.
- 2 years of forklift operation experience.
- 2 years of experience working with an internal work order system, ideally SAP.
- 2+ years of technical training.
- Experience with other types of equipment such as valves, industrial mixers, and gear boxes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. You will need to be:
- Capable of physically pushing/pulling up to 100 lbs., and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Physically fit for standing, bending, and using hand tools, including air grinders, air impact tools, sanders, hand wrenches and hammers.
- Physically fit to turn, push buttons, and work with levers on the machines at knee-waist level and above.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time.
- Embrace teamwork with no borders.
- Be obsessed with being the best.
- Own your actions.
- Ask the hard question.
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.