If you combine successful sales experience in marine parts and accessories with outstanding relationship building skills and the ability to speak at a high-level with engineers and other technical personnel, the role of Channel Sales Manager for the Johnson Pump marine brand offers some compelling advantages. You will:
- Represent a top brand known for quality and reliability. Over more than 40 years, SPX Flow’s Johnson Pump marine brand has been one of the world’s leading manufacturers of pumps for marine use. Our products support pleasure and commercial crafts and are sold all over the world through a network of authorized distributors and affiliated retailers.
- Interact with a variety of levels and titles, from the C-Suite to engineers to boat enthusiasts, and stakeholders, from OEMs to distributors to retailers, as you build relationships and drive sales and revenue growth in your territory.
- Make your mark in prime, multi-state territory stretching from Minnesota south to Kentucky and east to New York. The ideal candidate will live in Minneapolis, Milwaukee, Chicago, NY, NJ or PA, but we will consider strong candidates anywhere in the territory near a major airport. You’ll work from your home office and travel throughout the territory (a mix of day and overnight travel dependent on your location) up to 75%. There is some schedule flexibility depending on demand and weekend tradeshows.
- Earn a competitive base, bonus opportunity, and excellent benefits, along with a car allowance the tools needed to succeed.
- Enjoy a welcoming atmosphere where we value and appreciate employees and applaud their contributions, along with the autonomy to excel combined with strong support when you need it.
While you could be happy and successful in this role for years to come, once you prove yourself and demonstrate your abilities and potential, you could pursue advancement opportunities across our global organization. From this role, typically you could advance to a Regional Manager, National Accounts Manager, and/or Director of Sales role.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Senior Sales Manager Marine, Americas, as Channel Sales Manager, you will serve as an autonomous sales professional representing Johnson Pump. Every day will be a bit different and you’ll approach your sales objectives from multiple angles. For example, one day, you may be creating a strategy for the distributors. Another, you may be working with engineers to match their applications to the appropriate products. You might work with marketing on the brand image. Through all of your efforts, you will build strong relationships along with a positive brand image and visibility. Specifically, you will:
- Maximize revenues from the sales of the organization’s products through a base of boat builders, OEM’s, marine parts distributors and retailers in specific assigned channels and/or vertical markets.
- Evaluate and recruit potential channel partners.
- Support channel partners throughout the sales process in all sales-oriented activities including marketing, advertising, sales promotion, and training in order to achieve revenue targets.
- Create and approve Distributor Marketing Plans as they pertain to accrued Co-Op funds available and marketing guidelines. These responsibilities are sometimes combined with Sales Management.
- Handle complex sales.
- Set and negotiate terms.
Additionally, you may:
- Help develop colleagues' understanding.
- Be recognized as an expert in a single area.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Solid understanding of program selling, financials, products/services, the market and the needs of assigned accounts.
- Ability to create and execute a strategic sales plan.
- Ability teach/train distributors, retailers and other sales channel stakeholders.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- High energy with a passion for building strong customer relationships and providing outstanding service.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work and thrive independently while also supporting a team-oriented atmosphere.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 2-5 years of sales experience, including working with OEMs, distributors, and/or retailers.
- Knowledge of and experience with marine parts and accessories, ideally including marine pumps.
- Prior Co-Op experience.
- Experience working with vendors, customers and brands.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time
- Embrace teamwork with no borders
- Be obsessed with being the best
- Own your actions
- Ask the hard questions
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.