If you combine proven leadership and coaching skills with a background in industrial pump and rotating equipment repair, the role of Shop Superintendent with SPX Flow in Pasadena, Texas, could be your ideal opportunity. Consider a few of the advantages of joining our team. You will:
- Take ownership of a high-impact, high-visibility role impacting manufacturing and operations
- Make your mark on the shop through strong leadership and coaching
- Continue to learn and demonstrate your skills and runway for advancement. Once you prove yourself and spend a few years in this role, could pursue other opportunities in Texas or at locations across the globe. Typically, the next step after this role is to Service Center Manager.
- Enjoy autonomy in performing your role, while also knowing you have the strong support of a seasoned supervisor and other leaders at the facility.
- Keep your technical skills strong, by performing some hands-on work. The hands-on work will also help you earn credibility and buy-in from your team.
Additionally, at SPX Flow, we offer a welcoming atmosphere and opportunities to learn and expand your skills, along with a competitive wage and excellent benefits. We value and appreciate our employees and applaud their contributions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Senior Manager or Manager of Manufacturing Operations, as Shop Superintendent, you will be responsible for the daily oversight of the Shop, including workflow; troubleshooting gaps or areas of improvements; supervising and managing staff and more. You will work the day shift and the supervise the technicians on that shift. Currently, we have a team of seven technicians. This is a hands-on role, but typically, you won’t spend more than 20% of your time performing the work you’re supervising.
Your specific duties will include:
- Managing the shop/production floor
- Coordinating and supervising the daily activities of business support, technical support, or production teams
- Setting priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinating work activities with other supervisors
- Ensuring the manufacture of sufficient quantities of quality products at or below budgeted production costs in order to meet marketplace demand
- Assessing and transforming performance expectations of staff and shop into better overall performance through leadership, mentoring and coaching
- Setting up equipment operation feed, speed and temperature
- Following established procedures for operating various conventional and/or CNC (computerized numerical control) manufacturing equipment for tasks such as cutting, punching, forming, drilling, tapping, turning, milling and stamping to fabricate, form or shape manufactured parts, tools or parts assemblies from raw materials
- Selecting and measuring raw materials and parts to specifications to prepare for production processing
- Resolving issues related to the organization's production, machinery, processing and/or packaging operations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Solid computer skills including proficiency with MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); PDF editors such as Adobe or Nuance; SAP experience is a plus
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to maximize efficiency
- Must have excellent people and communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to lead a workshop and associated work crews to accomplish goals and objectives established by management
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate clearly and work across the organization. Ability to work and lead as part of a team.
- Ability to read and interpret maintenance, repair manuals, and read and interpret machining drawings
- Solid comprehension of welding and machining practices and standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years’ experience in a repair facility or manufacturing environment, including 3-5+ years directly managing shop floor personnel
- Associate’s degree or related coursework required; a bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Experience in influencing/transforming performance through leadership and coaching
- Must be experienced in pump and rotating equipment repair with a strong understanding of machining, welding, and assembly processes and related equipment
- Strong background and unwavering commitment to safety
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time
- Embrace teamwork with no borders
- Be obsessed with being the best
- Own your actions