Responsible for the development, implementation and execution of strategies and tactics in support of the sale of company products and aftermarket services, thru direct sales channels and manufacture representatives, to select Key & Target accounts. The position will require extensive involvement in the completion of all critical tasks related to the sales process including opportunity creation / identification, lead qualification, product selection, proposal generation & follow-up, and the ultimate capture of new business.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Travel to select customers and prospects to develop personal relationships with key contacts, explore opportunities, and solicit inquiries and / or orders. Develop a working knowledge of the customers’ process, organization and overall business to gain a competitive selling advantage for the company
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with manufactures representatives to encourage interaction and exchange of information and to facilitate the effective execution of transactions between companies.
- Prepare and present technical sales presentations to customer decision makers to promote company product offering and / or confirm that proposed product(s) complies with the customer requirements / specifications.
- Pursue and review inquiries from clients for Aftermarket parts and services for M&J Valves and field services opportunities to support our Aftermarket Operations.
- Submit trip reports which convey the trip purpose, key discussions points, opportunities and actions required to satisfy a customer need or capitalize on a business opportunity
- Submit weekly reports, as required, which conveys noteworthy information collected during the week involving markets, customers, competitors, Reps or any other industry information that may have a direct or indirect impact on the company or business.
- Prepare reports for all business transactions and submits expense reports for all travel expenses accounts.
- Investigate and coordinate the resolution of customer problems related to product, delivery or service.
- Analyze and interpret customer inquiries, specifications, drawings and other documentation to assist inside sales team with developing cost estimates and prepare technical proposals per customer specs.
- Collaborate with Engineering and / or third party suppliers / service providers involving modified product designs to ensure the proposed product meets the customers’ requirements and affords ease of manufacture for company.
- Interface with customers and make site visits as necessary to conduct product design reviews and / or address commercial issues, in order to facilitate a customer order commitment.
- Travel to required locations to provide technical assistance and trouble shoot in commissioning and customer start–up of SPX Flow products as required.
- May perform other work related assignments as deemed necessary and appropriate by supervisor.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to review customer supplied specifications, P&ID, and data sheets as they pertain to specific job usance and apply to SPX equipment offering to determine best valve selections suited for purpose and application.
- Proficient is MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat as they relate to job usage.
- Must be able to travel 50% of the time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience within the Oil/Gas industry.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Proficiency in English is required, other languages will be helpful.