If you combine excellent attention to detail, autonomy and experience working in an analyst role in an industrial environment, the role of Project Analyst offers some compelling opportunities. You will:
- Spotlight your talent and potential as you make your mark in a dynamic role within a new group. You will oversee metrics and finding trends, creating systems, interfacing with a variety of contacts, and much more.
- Enjoy a good deal of autonomy in providing key data and metrics for important projects, along with strong support when needed.
- Work in a welcoming atmosphere with talented peers and ample opportunities to learn and expand your skills.
- Enjoy a competitive salary, bonus opportunity and excellent benefits.
- Join a company that values and appreciates employees and applauds their contributions.
- Success in this role could set you up to take on additional responsibilities and/or pursue advancement opportunities in our global organization.
You will work Monday through Friday business hours but should have the flexibility to works some overtime / extended hours as needed to meet demands. You’ll also be expected to travel very minimally -- approximately 25%.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to Global Project Controls Manager, as the Project Analyst, your primary responsibility will be to provide senior leaders with relevant business intelligence for the day-to-day operations and strategic planning process as well as develop and manage departmental metrics. You will be responsible for working with various functions to gather operational and financial business data. Once obtained, the Projects Analyst generates meaningful information by looking for underlying trends, issues and significant areas of business benefit and formatting into reporting applicable to target business needs.
Key deliverables of this role include summarized reporting, graphics, and metrics which enable rapid understanding of the information presented. The role is also responsible for planning and creating the data management plan for storing and archiving for long term and day-to-day access.
Additional responsibilities of the role include systems & software understanding and management. Reporting platforms include, although are not limited to, MS Applications (MS Office 365, SharePoint, Power Business Intelligence, Teams, etc.) and Enterprise systems such as SAP. Another aspect of the role is to be the local expert at determining which platform is best suited for retention, reporting, and presentation.
More specifically, your principle duties and responsibilities will include:
- Reporting – Gathering Data
- Reporting – Data Mining & Analysis
- Communications – Reporting
- Communications – Dashboard
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to manage large datasets and generate metrics relevant to the business
- Knowledge of MS Application (Office 365, SharePoint, Power BI, Teams, etc.) with a heavy emphasis on Excel capabilities to analyze and report
- Ability to take conceptual needs and formulate plans on how to address the needs from available data and determine if additional information is required
- Track, analyze and report KPI statistics on Global Projects financials and on time delivery
- Travel as required to assist with Global Projects Controls
- Awareness of commercial issues relating to costing, pricing, payment, cash flow and terms & conditions
- Good interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Ability to work under time pressure and set and hit personal and Team deadlines
- Comfortable electronically interfacing with Global teams
- Accountability for results
- Adopting standard tools and processes
- Being receptive and approachable
- Business and financial acumen
- Collaborating across boundaries
- Communicating at a local and senior management level
- Leading improvement and innovation
- Managing effective relationships & Negotiation
- Problem solving and decision making
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4-year degree in Business field or related experience, or equivalent combination of education and professional experience
- 3-5 years of experience in an analyst role within an Industrial environment
- Proficient in MS Office 365 (Expert in Excel), MS SharePoint, CRM (Microsoft Dynamics), MS Business Intelligence or Tableau, & SAP
Preferred but not required:
- Knowledge of the manufacturing industrial industry
- Cashflow and data experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time.
- Embrace teamwork with no borders.
- Be obsessed with being the best.
- Own your actions.
- Ask the hard question.
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.