If you're a motivated sales professional with proven strong managerial and relationship-building skills, this position offers a compelling mix of challenge and opportunity. Consider the following, you will:
- Develop an approved annual business plan, as part of the business planning cycle with assigned distributors, and track performance.
- Have a good deal of autonomy in managing your multi-state Midwest territory and also share ideas and insights with a strong, seasoned team. The ideal candidate will be located in Battle Creek, MI or nearby area.
- Benefit from the freedom and flexibility to manage your territory and schedule, including traveling, in-house meetings, and other functions.
- Enjoy a competitive base salary, sales incentives, and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Take advantage of the stability and resources of SPX Flow, a $2.5 billion corporation.
- Enjoy strong support from internal resources such as technical sales professionals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will report to your Regional Sales Manager and work closely with the technical support team. You'll be responsible for maintaining and expanding influential relationships with channel partners to maximize sales coverage in your given district, and you will also play an integral role in growing SPX FLOW’s revenue and profits by adding value to our customers.
You will implement plans in the territory, focusing on the various major industries (Oil & Gas, Mining, Infrastructure, Power Generation, and other general industries) which results in the expansion of existing products and customer orders while capturing new customers and new product orders. You will be responsible for all of the SPX Flow Hydraulic Technologies’ product lines: Stone, Power Team, Bolting Systems, Hytec, and Globe.
Expect to travel at least half of the time (50 percent) among your assigned states (Indiana, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania), so planning out travel will be critical to balance sales and support meetings with developing staff. You'll work with a team that includes seasoned veterans who are successful in their roles, but who also will require occasional coaching and training.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of value / solution-based selling, including the ability to identify and articulate value proposition based on buying preference needs.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and experience with pumps and/or rotating equipment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an engaging approach.
- A demonstrated ability to analyze trends, compile data into comprehensive reports, and make recommendations based on findings.
- Dedication to customer service and willingness to take calls or communicate outside of regular business hours.
- A knack for driving sales, including the aptitude to generate a solid sales plan and the acumen to handle the process from start to finish.
- Critical thinking skills to forecast sales, identify prospects, and analyze reports.
- Aptitude with using and configuring mechanical products.
- The ability to:
- Present and explain complicated or technical information in a simple way to non-technical audiences, including leadership.
- Collaborate with others in a team environment.
- Handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy.
- Knowledge of SAP and experience with implementations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and comfort interacting with employees ranging from entry-level to senior leaders.
- High energy and motivation to tackle various tasks on any given day.
- An adaptable mindset to handle curveballs and accommodate change.
- The attitude to continue learning and growing as you help the company expand its reach.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5-7 years related Industrial or OEM sales experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience working in a high-level sales management position.
- Experience with technical sales.
- Comfort in training distributors, customers, and other staff with equipment.
- Experience in account development, including the ability to identify key accounts to target, key decision makers / influencers within, buying preferences, etc.
- Strong basic math skills to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- A bachelor's degree is preferred, ideally in a technical field.
- Existing relationships with users within midstream (liquids), HPI refining, petrochem, chem, and/or power utility is a plus.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time.
- Embrace teamwork with no borders.
- Be obsessed with being the best.
- Own your actions.
- Ask the hard question.
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment.