Working in a foundry setting, produce metal castings and continuous cast bar stock from molten metals.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Prepare concast unit equipment for a specific metal continuous casting operation.
- Prepare and set up sandcast molds for discreet casting operation.
- Melting and pouring of molten metals.
- Knock out sandcastings.
- Weigh and prepare metal charges.
- Measure and record pertinent data.
- Cut off and dress finish castings.
- Operate band saws and various power tools.
- Operate and monitor all functions of the continuous casting operation.
- Assemble, install and align dies in preparation for a continuous casting operation.
- Operate Fork Truck
- Assist with other miscellaneous related duties as assigned.
- Ability to deal with extreme heats. Required to wear personal protective equipment including leggings, hard hat, face shield, aluminized coat and gloves, safety glasses and metatarsal guarded steel toed boots. Must be physically fit to acclimate to intermittent exposure to radiant heat.
- Must be able to understand and follow written and or verbal instructions. Must have an eye for detail; must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs; ability to maneuver 40 lbs or more with overhead cranes; must be able to follow all safety policies and procedures; must be able to work in a team environment; must have excellent work ethics.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, detail orientated, dependable with a good attendance record and have a positive attitude
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or equivalent. Dependable team player with one to two years of stable work employment experience in foundry or manufacturing experience.