Bring your QA experience to join a dynamic team of industry experts where you’ll have the chance to prove your skills and gain visibility and exposure as you quickly move the needle on our quality program. Located in the Global Design Center in Goldsboro, NC and reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, you will hit the ground running in our fast-paced environment to Support, improve and maintain our quality systems. You’ll have the chance to help set up a supplier quality program including evaluating suppliers and developing supplier inspection plans for part coming in, as well as developing and implementing control plans, investigating customer issues, and more.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll work with all functional areas (including shop floor, engineering, sales, R&D, and more) to develop, implement, maintain and carry out quality assurance tasks as defined by our Quality Systems. Your main focus will be on on compliance of our processes with ASME, ISO9001 and PED codes and their respective Quality Manuals.
The company is expanding, which will create opportunities for strong performers to grow their careers. You'll join a multi-industry manufacturing leader and play an important role in our mission to provide highly specialized engineered products and innovative technologies. The environment is positive, you'll work with great people, and we offer competitive competition and comprehensive benefits.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support, improve and maintain our quality systems/manuals to be compliant to current ASME Section VIII, current ISO 9001, current PED codes, and current 3A Sanitary Standard
- Prepare for and participate in 3rd party audits of our Quality Systems
- Conduct audits of internal and vendor processes
- Maintain and facilitate effective corrective action and preventive action process
- Lead PFEMA process and quality risk assessments and develop plans for process improvements
- Develop and implement control plans for manufacturing processes throughout facility
- Perform functions pertaining to discrepant material, including working with other functional areas within the facility and off-site location to contain and correct the immediate situation, drive to root cause, and prevent future non-conformances
- Investigate customer issues regarding our product quality and facilitate appropriate resolution
- Maintain log of customer quality issues and records of investigations and resolution
- Collect, organize and conduct meaningful analysis of quality data in ways to support root cause analysis and improvement plans and implementation
- Be a Subject Matter Expert resource for manufacturing and inspection for code compliance and QA techniques and practices
- Perform other routine tasks such as filing of data reports; assign numbers for National Board Registration for machines built and tested as specified by the ASME Code; and perform certain qualified nondestructive examinations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience with root cause analysis, problem solving, quality engineering statistical analysis, and new product development processes
- Strong interaction skills, communication and writing skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail
- Ability to collect and organize data and develop charts for meaningful analysis and understanding
- Expertise in blue print reading and mechanical inspection tools and methods
- Effective time management skills
- PC skills: Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Minitab
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in technical field or 5+ years meaningful experience in a manufacturing environment
- Working experience in a Quality Management Systems environment (ISO9001:2008/2015)
- 3 years ASME Section VIII and IX operational experience with particular emphasis on Welding Code
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move objects weighing up to 25 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time
- Embrace teamwork with no borders
- Be obsessed with being the best
- Own your actions
- Ask the hard question
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.