If you are a true hunter with the ability to establish relationships based on trust and credibility, this position offers you several compelling opportunities. If you have connections in the midstream markets (pumps / aftermaket pumps) and thrive in this area, this is a great opportunity for you. In this role, you will:
- Take over a territory that includes some existing accounts as well as plenty of potential for growth.
- Represent a robust portfolio of highly respected brands (pumps, valves, and more) to a diverse industrial customer base.
- "Own" your multi-state territory and enjoy both the autonomy and support you need to excel.
- Showcase your strategic sales skills and abilities.
- Enjoy a positive culture, work with great people, and earn competitive competition and comprehensive benefits.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We're looking for a proven industrial sales professional who wants to take the bull by the horns and make an impact. Your key objectives will include:
- Building and maintaining customer relationships in the region.
- Creating demand for the organization's products and services by raising their profile with customers.
- Achieving revenue targets by increasing revenue spend per account.
Specific activities will include:
- Expanding and penetrating existing accounts.
- Developing new business and winning back former customers.
- Prospecting and researching leads.
- Cold calling.
- Meeting with customer and prospect contacts at all organizational levels.
- Closing sales.
You may conduct regular status and strategy meetings with the customer's senior management to understand their needs and link them to our product/service strategies. In short order you should start to identify a core account group to enable the region to function at capacity. An important key to your success will be your ability to invest your time wisely and maximize results in a large territory.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience with midstream pumps / after-market pump sales
- Strong sales skills with the ability to handle highly complex sales.
- Excellent account management skills combined with the ability to generate and develop new business opportunities.
- Strong understanding of business, financials, products & services.
- A technical mindset with the ability to understand the needs of the customer.
- Have or ability to achieve subject-matter-expertise in a specific area.
- Ability and skill to set and negotiate terms.
- Persistence, tenacity and fortitude to break into new accountants.
- Excellent relationship-building, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivation and the ability to achieve goals independently.
- Strong time management abilities.
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office Suite.
You'll work out of your home office and cover and extended Midwestern region. You could be based anywhere, but a central location would be best. The role involves traveling 60% to 70% of the time, depending on where you live.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years of commercial industrial sales experience with technical product aptitude and the ability to develop subject matter expertise.
- A proven track record of successful sales hunting and developing new business in similar market/customer base for aftermarket products.
- Solid lead research and lead generation experience.
- Experience with rotating equipment, ideally pumps.
- A bachelor’s degree, ideally in a technical field.
- Experience selling to oil & gas (downstream, midstream), power utilities, refineries/petrochemical, steel, water/waste-water, pulp/paper, and/or liquid pipeline contractors/operators.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time.
- Embrace teamwork with no borders.
- Be obsessed with being the best.
- Own your actions.
- Ask the hard question.
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment.