This position plans and establishes production schedules, monitoring materials, inventories, tracking progress of production and reviewing factors which may affect schedules. Works to support the timely manufacturing, assembly and shipment of Service Center Jobs in order to satisfy customer requirements and desired inventory levels for the designated value stream.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops performance measurements and parameters as relate to inventory regulation, product throughput, planning priorities, cost controls and quality conformance.
- Plans and schedules orders based on material availability and shop capacity using SAP and Excel spreadsheets to support customer requirements and factory goals.
- Resolves non-conforming conditions as relates to material supply, production or quality and schedule deviations with internal and external suppliers.
- Performs liaison activities with production and management team.
- Prepares required reports, charts and graphs related to production control measures.
- Collects data and inputs information into detailed reports and planning systems. Keeps records and control documents to support factory procedures and goals.
- Provide prompt and courteous service to internal and external customers by using communication skills to effectively listen, interpret and respond to customer needs to assure customer satisfaction objectives are achieved.
- Works internally with the outside sales force, Service Center Manager, and other departments to assure customer satisfaction.
- Provides excellent and professional customer service at all times, including making decisions within general guidelines, but without close supervision.
- Works effectively with the Customer Service and Aftermarket Teams to ensure departmental and divisional goals are met.
- Supports safety and quality goals throughout the facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment that is fast paced and demanding
- Must be self-directed, have excellent initiative and organizational skills
- Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy
- Proficient office administration skills including copying, scanning, faxing, filing, and other administrative duties.
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy, and professionalism.
- Strong computer skills including expertise in SAP, Microsoft Office Suite including Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have high degree of integrity, discretion and judgment.
- Professional communication skills in both written and verbal formats.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to acquire and analyze information from a variety of sources and formulate and carry out a plan of action to resolve customer issues.
- Demonstrated customer service focus.
- Associates Degree in business or related field. Bachelors Degree in business or related field preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience accepted.
- APICS participation desired (certification is the desired goal).
- One - three years’ experience in related field in a manufacturing setting.