If you combine export shipping experience in a warehouse environment with strong attention to detail and and a team-oriented approach to your work, the role of Logistics Specialist offers some compelling opportunities.
- You’ll get your foot in the door at a global industry leader offering strong and steady work, overtime opportunities and advancement potential.
- We'll provide initial and ongoing training and cross-training, such as helping you become certified in forklift operation if you aren’t already, and training in the shop.
- You'll work in an upbeat, team-oriented environment within an air-conditioned warehouse.
- Success in this role could set you up to take on additional responsibilities and/or pursue advancement to the Lead or even Supervisor level.
- We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, and we'll provide personal safety equipment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As Logistics Specialist, you will coordinate outbound logistical operations at our plant in Ocala, Florida. You will:
- Assist in the packaging and handling of outbound shipments
- Prepare and expedite shipments
- Build crates to ship large industrial products
- Understand and follow exportation procedures, including using exportation software
- Compare identifying information and counts
- Weigh and/or measure items for outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders and/or other records
- Determine method and mode of shipment to meet customer requirements
- Step outside your primary role to help out in the shop as needed
- Follow safety standards and procedures along with company policies and procedures at all times
This is a first shift position working from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Overtime may be available.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge and experience with exportation software, Warehouse Management System (WMS) software, such as SAP, and/or inventory management software preferred
- Ability to build containers used for shipping
- Knowledge of UPS and other common carriers and full truck loads
- Ability to use hand tools and a tape measure preferred
- Ability to work independently and as a strong team member
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong prioritization and organization skills
- Ability to lift 40 pounds individually and team-lift heavier items
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Shipping experience, including export experience
- Forklift experience and certification preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time
- Embrace teamwork with no borders
- Be obsessed with being the best
- Own your actions
- Ask the hard questions
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.