If you combine a year of warehouse / material handling experience (i.e. shipping and receiving, pick and pack, inventory tracking or similar) with a positive attitude and reliable work ethic, the role of Warehouse Associate, Material Handler with SPX Flow could be an ideal opportunity. You will enjoy:
- Initial training and ongoing opportunities to learn and expand your skills
- A welcoming atmosphere and positive, upbeat culture – you’ll work with great people
- A competitive hourly wage and excellent benefits
- An environment where we value our employees and appreciate their contributions
- Advancement opportunities for proven performers – we are committed to promoting from within whenever possible
- The solid foundation and security of a global industry leader – you can build a long-range career with SPX Flow
We have two warehouse associate positions available. You will work the 6:00 am – 2:30 pm or 8:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday through Friday shift.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, as Warehouse Associate, Material Handler, you will perform variety of warehouse duties including:
- Order picking -- handling the receipt, movement, storage and shipment of materials, and related reporting in accordance with established procedures
- Processing, packaging, shipping and/or storing supplies, materials
- Accounting for all materials and supplies by auditing goods received into warehouse
- Operating a fork lift and pallet jack, as needed
- Following the required operating procedures, space utilization, and maintenance and protection of the facility and equipment
- Bringing high energy and attention to detail to maintain quality, productivity and accuracy
- Always following safety policies and protocols.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- The ability to lift 50 pounds of weight using proper lifting or team-lift techniques
- Experience using a forklift and/or pallet jack preferred; ability to pass forklift training required
- Computer inventory experience preferred
- Cycle count experience desired
- RF Scanner experience preferred
- Good communication skills to interact with multiple levels and titles, and internal and external contacts
- Exceptional teamwork skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent
- 1-2 years of warehouse experience including most or all of the following:
- Shipping and receiving
- Picking and packing (order picking)
- Loading and unloading
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time
- Embrace teamwork with no borders
- Be obsessed with being the best
- Own your actions
- Ask the hard questions
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.