If you are an experienced PM who thrives in fast-paced environments with a lot going on, this could be the ideal opportunity for you. We're looking for a Project Manager to make an impact right off the bat in a key role. Consider the advantages of stepping into this role:
· You will expand your skills and experience as you take ownership of projects / orders and work with a variety of contacts.
· We're looking for the best and brightest for our team, and success in this role could set you up to advance and pursue multiple career paths within our growing organization. In fact, there is a lot of future growth planned and this role has been added to help with the increased workload.
· Enjoy a good deal of autonomy in driving projects / orders forward, along with strong support when needed.
· Work in a welcoming atmosphere with talented peers and ample opportunities to learn and expand your skills.
· Join a company that values and appreciates employees and applauds their contributions.
· We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits and a collaborative, family-oriented culture.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reporting to the Project Management Lead, as the Project Manager, you will be the owner of the overall project delivery function, and be responsible for the outcome of the project execution. Any shortfalls in achieving project goals are turned into lessons learned to get resolved for future projects.
- The incumbent will work to successfully deliver SPX projects in a manner that fulfills contractual and technical requirements, meets or exceeds customer expectations, and adheres to safety and ethical standards, while achieving SPX target margins and promoting SPX’s reputation in the market place.
- The Project Manager leads and delivers projects that; are >$500K, have technical/specification/operational risks.
- You will play a critical part in the full project lifecycle -- from participation in tendering activity, including proposals, through to project closure/cash collection.
- You will manage project complexity involving numerous internal and external stakeholders, a degree of technical complexity, occasional multi-site coordination, global and virtual team working, and high levels of functional integration.
- The Project Manager has ownership of each assigned project, responsible for resolving project problems in a timely manner, and maintaining project quality and adherence to schedule and budget.
- For each project, key responsibilities include: managing project handover and risk management, customer relations, contract management, setting of overall schedule, executing project, managing costs, managing internal business partners, reviewing and reporting progress, variation order management, assuring OTD, collecting cash, project close out and LD negotiations.
- You should be willing and able to travel 1 to 2 times a year, but more travel may be required depending on the needs of the business.
Required Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, IT or related field; or
- Extensive and proven project and/or implementation management experience of medium projects across Engineering, Procurement and Construction / Commissioning.
- Proven experience of using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP/SAP) and project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project)
Preferred Education / Experience
- Certified Project Manager (PMI PMP or equivalent certification or education)
- Experience working with remote/dispersed teams is highly desirable
- Experience working on international projects is desirable
- Engineering experience is an advantage
- Experience in the Industrial or Power & Energy markets is desirable but not essential
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Project & SharePoint