Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SPX FLOW, Inc. (NYSE: FLOW) innovates with customers to help feed and enhance the world by designing, delivering and servicing high value solutions at the heart of growing and sustaining our diverse communities. The company's product offering is concentrated in rotating, actuating and hydraulic technologies, as well as automated process systems, into food and beverage, industrial and power and energy markets. SPX FLOW has approximately $2 billion in annual revenues with operations in more than 30 countries and sales in more than 150 countries.
Build your Career at with a Global Industry Leader as You Take Ownership of a Professional, Entry-level Engineering Support Role. Enjoy visibility, variety, and wide exposure alongside competitive compensation and professional growth opportunities.
If you combine mechanical engineering skill with an understanding of process improvements and an outgoing, sales-oriented personality, the role of Product Support Engineer could be your ideal opportunity. In this role, you will combine your skills in mechanical and process engineering with sales, customer engagement, and data analysis ability to support the sale and supply of aftermarket parts and services. Consider a few of the advantages of joining our team. You will:
Build your career with a global company of choice in an entry-level technical sales role offering ample professional development and growth opportunities.
- Provide technical and commercial support to external sales representatives and customers during the sales process.
- Perform evaluations as required by scope of project, for both optimization of process and safety of mechanical design.
- Provide technical sales support at customer sites or on a multiple-site basis.
- Collaborate with external sales representatives and commercial management in cost and pricing strategy.
- Evaluate incoming technical specifications for compliance and impact on requested equipment scope.
You will work Monday through Friday, with flexible hours but should also have the flexibility to work extended hours as needed to meet demands. You'll also be expected to travel approximately 25% to tradeshows and customer visits.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs both routine assignments and projects with elevated complexities.
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments.
- Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems.
- Receives instruction, guidance and direction from others.
- Solves complex problems.
- Able to prioritize and multitask in an ever-changing sales-based environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills – both written & verbal.
- Ability to function & perform in a lab environment as needed.
Required: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, ideally Chemical or Mechanical.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time
- Embrace teamwork with no borders
- Be obsessed with being the best
- Own your actions
- Ask the hard questions
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.