Responsible for Outside Boat Builders and other Marine OEM Customers. Represents the Voice of the Customer throughout the SPXFLOW – Johnson Pump. Responsible for specifying requirements, definition, execution and evaluation of designs, analysis, development, testing and control of customers projects where the application of a current product or product development are involved. Capable of managing very broad or numerous projects with high degree of self-assurance. Also responsible as a revenue driver with key accounts.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Support the development and rollout of OEM portfolio product plan for Johnson Pump Boat Builders and OEM’s.
- Support resolution of engineering, quality, logistics, performance and any open issues between the Customer and Johnson Pump Products.
- Support the engineering relationship with Johnson Pump Engineering in Sweden and the customer base in the Americas.
- Ensure that all customer requests (Design Engineering Requests) are evaluated in a timely manner and that all responsible parties understand their role.
- Develop and maintain product BOM for customer configured and customer specific products.
- Support the Johnson Pump Manufacturing Engineer with proper assembly instruction and monitor assembly quality of specialized products.
- Ensure the continued use of Johnson Pump Products with the Boat Builders and Marine OEM’s by optimizing opportunities for additional development of products to displace competition or a new products giving our customer a competitive advantage.
- Support the release of parts for service of products used and developed for the channel.
- Stays abreast of new technology and competitive products and reports new products and product updates to Johnson Pump Management.
- Models and fosters Johnson Pumps Customer Centric Values.
- Develop customer application certification program ensuring proper installation and use of products.
- Work with customer and appropriate Johnson Pump Departments to insure that overall program and product timing is defined, communicated and executed.
- Support financial analysis as required.
- Work to insure that the Customer requirements are properly represented and functional use to Johnson Pump Team.
- Support management meetings at the OEM's on a regular basis to insure that we meet their needs as well as communicate customer plans to Johnson Pump Team.
- Travel as required to meet with customers at their facilities to review product plans, understand customers' products and operations; attend industry trade shows; participate in product development and product evaluation assessments.
- High level of analytical problem solving skills where problems are very unusual and extremely difficult.
- Experience in leading projects/programs from concept to production
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline and/or applicable field experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English with Spanish, and Portuguese beneficial
- Ability to function in an international matrix environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to effectively present/communicate technical information to others