If you combine solid experience programming CNC equipment in a manufacturing environment with the ability to effectively work with cross-functional team members throughout the plant, the role of CNC Programmer could be your ideal opportunity. You will work at SPX Flow's Delavan, WI facility on a team supporting pumps and valves used by the Food and Beverage industry. Consider a few advantages of joining our team:
- You will make an impact by developing manufacturing programs for CNC machines and working cross-functionally to implement tool requirements.
- SPX Flow is an organization that is committed to promoting from within whenever possible. Prove yourself in this role and you could take on additional responsibilities and continue to advance your career in Delavan or at other locations within our growing global organization.
- You will work in a welcoming, upbeat atmosphere where you will have opportunities to learn and expand your skills. In fact, we offer tuition reimbursement for Engineering, Design, Supervisory, and other job-relevant educational courses.
- At SPX Flow, we have a strong culture and environment where we value and appreciate our employees and applaud their contributions. People enjoy working here, as demonstrated by a large number of long-tenured employees. When people join us, they tend to stay.
- You will earn competitive compensation, bonus opportunity, and a comprehensive benefits package. Additionally, you'll enjoy working in an air-conditioned facility.
- There are few places that offer the beauty and community that Delavan offers. We're just an hour from Milwaukee, but have all the advantage of a mid-sized, rural community. For example, there is hunting, fishing and hiking, and we have lakes within a 10-minute drive! If you enjoy the outdoors, you'll enjoy Delavan.
This is a first shift position working from 7 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday, with the possibility of overtime.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, as CNC Programmer, you will be responsible for the development and creation of manufacturing programs for CNC machines. This includes developing the internal operation methods and investigating and implementing tool requirements with the tool designer, manufacturing engineer and machine operators when applicable. Additionally, you will develop and implement tool-sheets and set-up sheets to supplement the part program. Your primary duties and responsibilities will include:
- Program development – new part
- Tool-sheet and set-up sheet development
- Developing, investigating, and testing tooling, fixtures and process
- ECN related program changes
- Participating in capital equipment justification projects of CNC equipment when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven ability to make tooling improvement recommendations
- Familiarity with manual and CNC controls, machining of stainless steels
- Ability to read and accurately interpret blueprints
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced production environment
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build strong working relationships; a team player
- A commitment to continuously learn and improve your skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- 2-5 years of experience programming CNC equipment in a manufacturing environment, ideally including metal cutting equipment
- Experience programming utilizing CAM software
- Stainless steel machining experience is preferred
- Experience with EDGECAM software is a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, and controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. This job may occasionally require loading and unloading of extremely heavy parts with the aid of lifting devices. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Specific PPE is required within this cell.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time
- Embrace teamwork with no borders
- Be obsessed with being the best
- Own your actions
- Ask the hard questions
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.