Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SPX FLOW, Inc. (NYSE: FLOW) innovates with customers to help feed and enhance the world by designing, delivering and servicing high value solutions at the heart of growing and sustaining our diverse communities. The company's product offering is concentrated in rotating, actuating and hydraulic technologies, as well as automated process systems, into food and beverage, industrial and power and energy markets. SPX FLOW has approximately $2 billion in annual revenues with operations in more than 30 countries and sales in more than 150 countries.
Build your Career at with a Global Industry Leader as You Take Ownership of a Professional, Entry-level Technical Sales Support Role. Enjoy visibility, variety, and wide exposure alongside competitive compensation and professional growth opportunities.
If you combine mechanical engineering skill with an understanding of process improvements and an outgoing, sales-oriented personality, the role of Field Service Support Engineer could be your ideal opportunity. In this role, you will combine your skills in mechanical and process engineering with sales, customer engagement, and data analysis ability to support the sale and supply of aftermarket parts and services. Consider a few of the advantages of joining our team. You will:
Build your career with a global company of choice in an entry-level technical sales role offering ample professional development and growth opportunities
- Work in a welcoming atmosphere with talented peers, direct exposure to customers, and ample opportunities to learn and expand your skills.
- Enjoy flexibility and variability in the role along with a competitive salary, bonus opportunity and excellent benefits.
- Join a company that values and appreciates employees and applauds their contributions.
- Support SPX Flows leading LIGHTNIN brand, offering more than 90 years of success with industrial mixing technology, process knowledge and technical innovation. LIGNTNIN has a global reputation for durable, long-lasting mixers, agitators, aerators, and flocculators for fluid process systems.
- Success in this role could set you up to take on additional responsibilities and/or pursue advancement opportunities in our global organization.
You will work Monday through Friday business hours but should have the flexibility to work extended hours as needed to meet demands. You’ll also be expected to travel approximately 10%-25% to meet with clients and prospects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Technical Sales Support Manager, as Field Service Support Engineer, you will provide technical expertise to sales representatives, resellers and customers during the sales process. Specifically, you will:
- Perform technical sales support at customer sites, or on a multiple-site basis
- Resolve technical product/service issues; solve problems and find solutions with a moderate level of direction
- Assist customers during the sales process to maximize the benefits derived from the organization's products and/or services
- Spend time in the field, working directly with customers on mixer design work
- Build knowledge of the organization, its processes and customers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Mechanical Engineering background with process improvement understanding OR process improvement experience with mechanical knowledge
- Technical knowledge
You will also need the following core competencies
- Outstanding learning agility.
- Excellent organization skills, including following up on your own action items and those of assigned program team members.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Sound business acumen.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers, and at all levels in the organization. You will work with the Aftermarket team, Engineering team, Manufacturing team and clients.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, ideally Mechanical, or the equivalent in a relevant technical discipline.
- Strong data analysis skill
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Experience with mixers or rotating equipment design
- 1-2 years of sales or technical sales experience
- Sales Engineering experience
- Process improvement experience & capability
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time
- Embrace teamwork with no borders
- Be obsessed with being the best
- Own your actions
- Ask the hard questions
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.