Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SPX FLOW, Inc. (NYSE: FLOW) innovates with customers to help feed and enhance the world by designing, delivering and servicing high value solutions at the heart of growing and sustaining our diverse communities. The company's product offering is concentrated in rotating, actuating and hydraulic technologies, as well as automated process systems, into food and beverage, industrial and power and energy markets. SPX FLOW has approximately $2 billion in annual revenues with operations in more than 30 countries and sales in more than 150 countries.
Responsible for designing the highly customized and high quality mixers for non-standard customer orders. Provide engineering support for internal and external needs. This position is also responsible for providing cost estimates as a basis for determining pricing strategy. Assists sales with on site technical support from a mechanical design standpoint. Interacts with Research & Development on experimental testing related to mixer mechanical design. Opportunities available to contribute to projects supporting technical papers being presented at conferences.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Provide technical review of customer specifications, analyze engineering requirements and propose engineered solutions.
- Develop innovative and cost effective mechanical designs using SPX Flow standard procedures, engineering knowledge and experience.
- Working with Design and Manufacturing Engineers, following the manufacturing and assembling process, employ problem solving skills to resolve issues encountered during the manufacturing cycle.
- Provide cost estimates for custom engineered designs. Directly interact with vendors to obtain quotations.
- Provide technical support for Sales Representatives and customers on topics related to mechanical design of mixing equipment (standard and engineered products).
- Provide support for Customer Service by traveling to job sites to analyze customer problems and implement engineered solutions. Participate in sales training opportunities.
- Assist Standards Engineering by performing related engineering calculations for day-to-day activities and long term projects.
- Take on longer term R&D projects related to mechanical design, including the testing and analysis of data.
- Perform Finite Element Analysis (FEA) for componenents related to mixer design (stress analysis, modal analysis).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering with two years of related working experience. Rotating equipment experience a plus.
- A thorough knowledge of machine design, vibration, strength of material, metallurgy, manufacturing procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills for communicating thoughts and ideas to customers and sales representatives.
- Knowledge of FEA and experience in related software (ANSYS 16.2 or higher, Algor or Nastran)
- Basic knowledge of design software (AUTOCAD/Inventor, Solidworks) and ERP systems (SAP6).
- Proficient in using all Microsoft Office products
SPXFlow, INC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all candidates and employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or any other basis protected by law.