Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SPX FLOW, Inc. (NYSE: FLOW) innovates with customers to help feed and enhance the world by designing, delivering and servicing high value solutions at the heart of growing and sustaining our diverse communities. The company's product offering is concentrated in rotating, actuating and hydraulic technologies, as well as automated process systems, into food and beverage, industrial and power and energy markets. SPX FLOW has approximately $2 billion in annual revenues with operations in more than 30 countries and sales in more than 150 countries.
If you’re a proven technical sales professional who combines experience selling directly to OEM’s and through industrial distributors with an engineering mindset and knowledge of large hydraulic and synchronized heavy lifting systems, the role of Application Sales Manager could be your perfect fit. Consider the opportunity. You will:
- Build strong relationships with industrial distributors and large construction and engineering firms that will benefit from our heavy lifting systems.
- Support interesting projects such as moving a bridge or cooling tower, mining projects requiring heavy lifting of specialized tanks, large refinery projects and more.
- Enjoy strong brand recognition. SPX Flow Hydraulic Technologies is currently the #2 brand in the market, with the added advantage that unlike the current leader, we manufacture as well as market. Because we build, assemble and test in the U.S., we can meet the most exacting client requirements.
- Have the autonomy to drive your role and excel. A self-motived and driven Sales Manager can build a successful and lucrative career with SPX Flow.
Additionally, at SPX Flow, we offer a welcoming atmosphere and opportunities to learn and expand your skills, alongside competitive compensation and excellent benefits. We value and appreciate our employees and applaud their contributions. While you could be happy and challenged in this role for years to come, you could also pursue other opportunities in our global organization.
While our preference is that you’ll live close to the SPX plant in Rockford, IL, we’re open to a strong candidate anywhere in the U.S.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As Application Sales Manager, you will be responsible for the sales and profitability of the Heavy Lifting Systems across the Americas in order to meet targets and achieve overall division and corporate goals. You will implement a sales plan focused on a variety of heavy industrial industries including Infrastructure, Mining, Oil & Gas, Power Generation, and other heavy industrial markets, to capture new business and close heavy lifting and systems orders.
Specifically, you will:
- Demonstrate expertise in solving customer problems relative to SPX Flow Hydraulic Technologies’ Heavy Lifting and Positioning applications.
- Understand and develop system solutions to customer applications regarding Heavy Lifting and Positioning of large loads.
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with key accounts.
- Work in tandem with District and Regional Managers to achieve goals.
- Provide on-site and training and explanation of SPX Flow Hydraulic Technologies’ Heavy Lifting and Positioning products.
- Evaluate and report on project opportunities and accounts on a regular basis.
- Maintain excellent and up-to-date record systems for project opportunities and customer accounts with a focus on Microsoft CRM.
- Provide timely and accurate market information including information in the areas of pricing competitive activities, products, and other items necessary to the success of marketing strategies and programs.
- Keep records and make reports in the area of activities and expenses, submitting them on a regular and timely basis.
- Develop and recommend innovative ideas and tactics that will contribute to an increase in market share and sales.
- Confer regularly with management on recommended sales strategies, promotions, and potential new markets.
- Model and promote the SPX Flow leadership standards to create an environment that mobilizes empowered people to achieve business goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must understand the value of the business and how to get involved with large-scale construction/engineering projects.
- Knowledge of hydraulic and synchronized systems required.
- Knowledge of complete systems, including heavy lifting systems preferred.
- Knowledge of fluid power and hydraulics
- Ability to define problems, assess risks, and develop recommendations for action plans.
- Ability to deliver excellent oral and written presentations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or Fluid Power Technology.
- 10 years of work experience with at least 5 years in a technical outside sales position selling directly to OEM’s and through industrial distribution.
- A structural engineering mindset.
- Fluid Power Specialist preferred.
- NFPA Certified FPS or HS preferred.
In addition, you must be willing to travel approximately 50% throughout the U.S. with occasional trips to South America.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time
- Embrace teamwork with no borders
- Be obsessed with being the best
- Own your actions
- Ask the hard questions
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channe