If you combine your project management skills with self-motivation, a strong work ethic and the ability to achieve goals independently, this position offers you several compelling opportunities. You will:
- Help shape this role moving forward -- we created it to accommodate a high volume of projects due to company growth.
- Expand your knowledge and experience across highly engineered products -- each project will be unique.
- Showcase your potential to take on additional responsibilities or pursue advancement within our global organization.
- Enjoy a good deal of autonomy in driving projects / orders forward, along with strong support when needed.
- Work in a highly professional and welcoming environment with talented peers, while earning a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
If you're not already familiar with Ocala, it's located about halfway between Jacksonville and Tampa and is an excellent place to raise a family. Destinations like Orlando, Cape Canaveral, and Daytona Beach are all within a 2-hour drive, and there are several nearby national and state parks. The cost of living is lower than the national average, led by very low housing costs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will manage large customer orders ($250K and above per order), including delivery time, cost, and profitability. The role will also involve some program management. In essence, you will serve as the local facilitator to make things happen between SPX Flow and the customer. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Project scope & change management: Defining and validating the project deliverables and working to produce them. Managing and responding to requests for changes to project in a structured and controlled manner.
- Planning & scheduling: Using information about activities and deliverables to determine the overall project duration, and when activities and events are scheduled to occur.
- Project resource management: Identifying, securing and assigning resources to activities so that the project is delivered within scope, cost and timescales.
- Budget and cost management: Ensuring budgets are estimated, agreed, tracked and managed properly throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Project risk and issue management: Anticipating, identifying, assessing and addressing potential or actual events and items that may impact positively or negatively on project delivery or benefits realization.
- Project quality management: Ensuring that both the project outputs, and the processes by which the outputs are delivered meet the required stakeholder needs.
- Progress monitoring and reporting: Reviewing and reporting on all aspects of project progress through the timely and accurate collection, maintenance and dissemination of project information to stakeholders.
- Project review and evaluation: Conducting regular reviews to check project progress, evaluate achievement of project benefits and capture and disseminate lessons learned.
- Project closure: Finalizing all project matters, including obtaining agreement to completion from the customer, handing back or redeploying project resources, archiving all project information, conducting final project reviews and sharing learning for future use.
- Program management: Managing multiple projects concurrently, taking into account resource constraints, in order to achieve a common business goal.
- Project health, safety and environmental focus: Determining and applying SPX and statutory standards and methods to minimize the likelihood of accidents, injuries and environment impact, both during the project and during the operation of its deliverables.
- Contract management: Managing the execution of contractual agreements with customers and suppliers to ensure we are compliant with the stated terms and conditions throughout the duration of the project.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Disciplined scheduling capabilities.
- Self-motivation, a results orientation and strong sense of accountability.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a receptive, approachable demeanor.
- Business and financial acumen.
- The ability to
- Adopt standard tools and processes.
- Collaborate across boundaries.
- Communicate for understanding.
- Manage effective relationships.
- Lead improvement and innovation.
- Solid negotiation skills.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- A successor mindset.
You also will need to be willing and able to travel up to 25% of the time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, IT or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and directly relevant experience.
- 5 to 7 years of proven project and/or implementation management experience of medium projects across Engineering, Procurement and Construction / Commissioning.
- Experience with ERP and/or MRP systems, ideally SAP, as well as project management tools such as Microsoft Project).
- Experience with process management.
- Certified Project Manager (PMI PMP or equivalent certification or education).
- Experience working with remote/dispersed teams.
- Experience working on international projects.
- Engineering experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time.
- Embrace teamwork with no borders.
- Be obsessed with being the best.
- Own your actions.
- Ask the hard question.
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.