The Quality Technician works with all functional areas to implement, maintain and carry-out tasks defined by our
Quality Systems. This role focuses on in-process inspection audits of manufactured goods, internal and external
process audits, purchased goods inspections, Identifying and resolving vendor quality issues, processing of
returned goods, root cause analysis and corrective action.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs inspections on incoming purchased product. May be raw materials or manufactured parts.
- Responsible for performing manufacturing product inspections, including in-process inspection audits and set
- up/first-piece verifications.
- Enter data and maintain records of inspections.
- Capture and file data reports, assigning numbers for National Board Registration for machines built and
- tested as specified by the ASME Code.
- Responsible for performing the functions pertaining to discrepant material, including working with other
- functional areas within the facility and off-site location to contain and correct the immediate situation, drive to
- root cause, and prevent future non-conformances.
- Perform investigations of customer concerns with the partnership of appropriate team members or vendors.
- This could include inventory inspections.
- Communicate results of investigations to appropriate functional areas and/or suppliers.
- Maintain log of customer concerns and records from investigations.
- Conduct audits of internal processes, as well as vendor processes.
- Perform data entry including entering alpha/numeric data into the computer along with written description of
- non-conformances, containment, and disposition.
- Perform certain Non-Destructive Examinations (NDE) as required.
- Promote open communications and teamwork, continuously striving to improve working relations and trust
- between the Customers, Employees and the Company.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that is professional,
- upholds the mission, vision and values, and interfaces well with customers, clients, co-workers and
- management members.
- Attend and actively listen/participate at required communication meetings.
- Complete all required training, including safety training, quality training and procedural training.
- Work to and/or help create standard work procedure (SOP).
- Adhere to and work towards safety and quality goals throughout the facility.
- Follow safety procedures to ensure a clean and safe work environment is promoted and maintained.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Capacity to communicate effectively in English including written and verbal communication methods.
- SPX FLOW, Inc. Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Description – Page 2/3
- Strong interaction skills, communication and writing skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail.
- Strong math skills, including measurements, calibrations, percentages and the ability to count accurately.
- Ability to collect and organize data for meaningful analysis and understanding
- PC skills: Word, e-mail, Excel
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to safely move materials throughout the production floor. This may include the ability to safely operate
- a crane and or forklift.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Quality oriented, with attention to detail.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- PC Skills: Access, Power Point, Visio, SAP
- Coordinate Measuring Machine operation
SPX FLOW COMPETENCIES
Adaptability Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting
effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for
customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Communication Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations;
communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions. Engages the
audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities;
generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
Continuous Learning Actively identifying new ideas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities;
using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
Contributing to Team
Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
Initiating Action Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being
Managing Work Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completely efficiently.
Work Standards Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for
successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Education and experience requirement
- 3 years experience and expertise in blue print reading and mechanical inspection tools and methods.
- Working experience with Quality Management Systems.
- Experience working in a Section 8 and /or Section 3 ASME Code environment.
- Experienced in advanced problem solving tools including, Fishbone, FMEA, 8D, Pareto, Process Mapping
- Knowledge of Measurement Systems Analysis (Gage R&R studies) and Process Capability
- ASQ Certified Quality technician (CQT)
- Six Sigma Certification (Green Belt )
- 2 year Technical degree
SPX FLOW, Inc. Equal Opportunity Employer