Shop & Field Service Technician / Pump Technician - Corpus Christi
The Shop & Field Service Technician will perform hands on maintenance, troubleshooting / assessment, and repair work on pumps, valves, gearboxes, and industrial mixers at various customer sites and / or an SPX Flow Service Center. Must be able to work from prints, process sheets, with written and verbal instructions to tolerances of .0005. Will require the use of gauges, calipers, and micrometers to measure work. Works with minimal supervision while following routine procedures. The ability to fill out detailed inspection reports is required. Must be available for travel, overtime, call-ins, etc. as needed to meet customer requirements.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
· Dismantles equipment and performs repairs on a variety of industrial pumps, valves, gearboxes, and mixers.
· Interface with customer personnel and SPX Flow personnel to perform hands-on shop or on-site pump troubleshooting / assessment, maintenance, vibration testing, and repair of pumps, and other mechanical equipment.
· Uses mechanical aptitude to assess damage and diagnose possible problems with the equipment.
· Perform preventative maintenance procedures as required.
· Read and interpret schematics for assembly, repair, and reassembly as required including completion of applicable quality documentation in either paper or electronic form.
· Use of gauges, calipers, micrometers to measure work.
· Quality assurance inspection of parts according to Standard Operating Procedure requirements.
· Manual statistical testing to ensure machine is re-built to specifications.
· Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that interfaces well with customers and SPX Flow team members.
· Must be available for overtime, call-ins, etc. as needed to meet customer requirements.
· Follow safety procedures to assure a clean and safe work environment is promoted and maintained.
· Responsible for thoroughly filling out detailed inspection reports.
· Work to standard work procedure (SOP).
SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Able to work independently performing basic pump service / maintenance activities with the ability to accurately take measurements, complete documentation, and reference proper standards / documentation to ensure quality craftsmanship.
· Basic math skills, including percentages and the ability to count accurately.
· Strong mechanical aptitude.
· Good interpersonal skills for daily interaction with customers and fellow employees.
· Safety oriented.
· Measuring skills
· Basic Computer skills
· Good communications and writing skills
· Must be physically fit for standing, bending and using hand tools
· Able to work effectively as part of a team.
· Quality oriented, with attention to detail.
· Ability to work overtime including weekends, and alter hours as business needs dictate.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Ability to work on multiple types of industrial equipment such as pumps, valves, gearboxes, and mixers a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma Required. Minimum of 5 years of pump repair or very similar experience required and at least two years of Technical Training desired. Experience with various types of equipment such as Pumps, Valves, Industrial Mixers, and Gear Boxes is a plus.
Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Actively identifying new ideas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
Contributing to Team Success
Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Capable of physically pushing/pulling up to 100 lbs. Must be physically fit for standing, bending, and using hand tools. Hand tools include: air grinders, air impact tools, sanders, hand wrenches and hammers. Must be able to physically lift up to 50 lbs. Must be physically fit to turn, push buttons, and work with levers on the machines at knee-waist level and above.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individual.