Entry-Level Opportunity Offering Strong Training, Advancement Potential, Great Pay and Benefits
If you have strong mechanical aptitude and ability combined with a strong work ethic and solid experience working with hand tools, our entry-level Assembler role could be the opportunity you've been waiting for. Consider:
Top reasons to join the team at SPX Flow:
- We'll provide initial training as well as cross-training to help you build your skills
- Our culture and atmosphere is positive and upbeat, and you'll work with great people
- Success in this position could set you up to pursue advancement in our organization; we're committed to hiring from within whenever possible
- We offer competitive competition and comprehensive benefits, and we'll provide personal safety equipment
- You'll become part of a multi-industry manufacturing leader that provides highly specialized engineered products and innovative technologies
We are hiring for our 1st shift working Monday - Friday from 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM. You'll also need the flexibility to work overtime (you'll often work until 4:30 PM).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As Assembler, you will:
- Set up assembly jobs and equipment
- Assemble parts per specifications, typically working on air pumps and power pumps
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Test assemblies as required
- Package and/or carton finished product
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
- Function effectively as part of a team
- And more
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong mechanical ability
- Experience using tools including power tools, wrench, hammers, measuring tools, etc.
- Ability to effectively learn new skills and follow directions
- Comfort with computers
- Written communication skills to complete required documentation on the computer; strong attention to detail
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic and the drive to excel in your role
Preferred, but not required:
- Assembly experience, ideally in a manufacturing environment
- The ability to read blueprints
- Minor electrical experience
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing
- SAP knowledge and experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Assembler opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Assembly experience using hand tools is preferred, but if you've done project assembly at home and/or school, we can train you
- Capable of lifting up to 40 pounds; normal manufacturing plant demands
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Facility conditions are in line with SPX Flow EHS regulations and country legislative safety requirements with regards to safe walkways, shelving and general working areas. All PPE is provided for by the company. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud with occasional exposure to dust/fumes.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time.
- Embrace teamwork with no borders.
- Be obsessed with being the best.
- Own your actions.
- Ask the hard question.
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.