If you combine the interpersonal and leadership skills to coach and motivate a team with a passion for customer service and satisfaction, this position offers you multiple compelling opportunities:
- You will be able to make a highly visible impact as you lead a strong team to the next level through performance coaching and process improvements.
- No two days will be the same as you lead customer service and inside sales teams supporting aftermarket sales -- each customer's situation is unique.
- Success in this role could set you up to take on additional responsibilities or advance within the organization.
- We offer a flexible, relaxed and family-like culture -- just a few of the reasons that SPX Flow has a high number of long-tenured employees.
- You will support pumps and accessories from ClydeUnion®:, one of the world's leading pump companies and a center of excellence in pump technology, hydraulic design and engineering.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will lead a team of seven, some of whom are located remotely in other SPX Flow facilities. In addition you will partner cross-functionally with Procurement, Outside Sales, Finance, IT and HR. The pace is fast and agility is important -- the aftermarket team provides unique solutions tailored to customer needs and issues.
More specifically, you will:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Inside Sales & Customer Service personnel in the USA and Canada.
- Establish and track performance goals for each of the team members.
- Monitor, analyze, and update KPI metrics, looking for trends and making appropriate adjustments within the team to optimize performance.
- Provide training and coach the team to consistently improve the skillset of team members.
- Suggest and implement improvements in the parts tendering process.
- Seek out and analyze customer feedback as well as handling customer concerns.
- Provide coverage for team by completing quotations when team is short-staffed due to vacations or other issues.
- Run reports from SAP and use data to update, post, and distribute key performance indicator (KPI) info.
- Follow safety procedures to assure a clean and safe work environment is promoted and maintained.
- Work to standard work procedures (SOPs) when applicable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills.
- Highly competent with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- The aptitude to learn new software programs.
- Basic math skills, including percentages and the ability to count accurately.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Quality oriented, with attention to detail and a problem-solving attitude.
- Flexibility, adaptability and agility.
- A strong work ethic
- The ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of relevant experience in customer service and/or inside sales.
Note: Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Experience with ERP systems, ideally SAP.
- Experience as a customer service manager.
- Experience in the pump or rotating equipment industry.
- A track record of successfully creating and/or improving processes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time.
- Embrace teamwork with no borders.
- Be obsessed with being the best.
- Own your actions.
- Ask the hard question.
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.