If you are a proven Production Supervisor with experience as an engineer working in an industrial and/or manufacturing environment, ideally in electronic assembly, consider bringing your career to a company where you can make a significant impact. At SPX Flow, you will have the opportunity to:
- Make an impact as you build and improve structure and create a continuous improvement culture within the Electronic Assembly department.
- Showcase your talent and potential to take on additional responsibilities or pursue multiple career paths within our growing, global organization.
- Join a company that appreciates its employees and where people truly enjoy working, as demonstrated by our high number of long-serving team members. We have many employees who have been with us for 10, 20 and even 30+ years.
- Earn competitive compensation, including a bonus opportunity, excellent benefits, and a collaborative, family-oriented culture.
- Have good work/life balance. While there will be times when you will scale your hours to meet demands, typically, you'll work a standard, Monday - Friday day shift from 7/8 AM to 4/5 PM.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Joining our Dehydration and Filtration division, as Production Supervisor, you will coordinate the activities of team members engaged in processing components and parts such as printed circuit boards (PCBs), electron tubes, and semiconductor devices. You will directly supervise 5 to 8 employees in the Electronic Assembly department.
Your essential duties and responsibilities will include:
- Studying production schedules and estimating worker hour requirements for the completion of job assignments.
- Establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Examining product for conformance to specifications and quality standards.
- Demonstrating methods and training workers in the sequence of processing tasks and in the operation and control of machines and equipment.
- Maintaining time and production records, and preparing cost, yield, breakage, and maintenance reports.
- Managing inventories and requisitions, tools, equipment, and supplies for department activities.
- Recommending measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and the quality of the product.
- Suggesting changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase the efficiency of the department.
- Interpreting company policies to workers and enforcing safety regulations.
- Analyzing and resolving work problems or assisting workers in solving work problems.
- Initiating or suggesting plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Conferring with other supervisors to coordinate the activities of individual departments.
- Performing activities of workers supervised.
- Carrying out your supervisory responsibilities, in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; coaching and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of installation, operation, maintenance and repair of compressed air equipment is preferred or other industrial equipment.
- Basic PC skills, including experience using MS Word, Excel or equivalent; ERP experience required, SAP preferred.
- A continuous improvement mindset with the ability to generate strong ideas and implement solutions. Lean Six Sigma experience desired.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code knowledge, experience and/or certification preferred.
- Your own set of tools to install and/or repair the manufactured products sold to the end-user.
- Proven ability to manage staff and delegate work assignments.
- Self-motivated, self-starter with a sense of urgency and strong organizational skills; initiative and a strong work ethic.
- Problem-solving and analytical reasoning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; personable with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively balance multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Willingness to travel 25% or less.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering (highly preferred), Mechanical Engineering (preferred), Mechanical Engineering Technology (preferred), Electrical Engineering or similar from a four-year college/university or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience working as an engineer in a manufacturing and/or industrial environment.
- 1+ years of experience supervising others.
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing and/or industrial environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time.
- Embrace teamwork with no borders.
- Be obsessed with being the best.
- Own your actions.
- Ask the hard question.
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.