JOB SUMMARY: The primary objective of this position is to focus coordination of resources to achieve timely deliveries on aftermarket parts orders. This position is a team-oriented environment that is fast paced and demanding: interacting daily with sales, manufacturing, planning, purchasing and logistics departments is expected to drive success and meet customers’ needs as required. Individual must have excellent communication skills and be detail oriented.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and participate in production meetings to establish or review schedule completion dates on customer orders.
- Evaluate critical paths (i.e. engineering completion, production shortages, etc.) in the order fulfillment process to maintain schedules and/or execute alternative schedule options as necessary.
- Execute Make/Buy decisions for both standard and made-to-order as necessary: retrieval of drawings to obtain quotes, placement of purchase orders and maintain supplier delivery commitments.
- Date non-quoted customer orders by analyzing current inventory levels, communicating with vendors and manufacturing.
- Proactively provide updates to Sales Reps through verbal or electronic communication with best available information to support customer satisfaction objectives.
- Ability to work with others towards achieving the necessary performance metrics relative to aftermarket parts orders.
- Must be results oriented: must be highly motivated, possess the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstrate effective decision execution abilities.
- Individual must be team oriented; possess good interpersonal skills and be able to interact effectively with people with many different needs and at various levels.
- Ability to work on process improvement opportunities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years of relevant experience (operations, purchasing or planning) in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with integrated ERP systems (SAP experience a plus)