Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, SPX FLOW, Inc. (NYSE: FLOW) innovates with customers to help feed and enhance the world by designing, delivering and servicing high value solutions at the heart of growing and sustaining our diverse communities. The company's product offering is concentrated in rotating, actuating and hydraulic technologies, as well as automated process systems, into food and beverage, industrial and power and energy markets. SPX FLOW has approximately $2 billion in annual revenues with operations in more than 30 countries and sales in more than 150 countries.
This job offers you the best of both worlds: steady work as well as work/life balance, so you can spend more time with your family and other outside interests. We offer a welcoming atmosphere and a clean plant, and we're proactive about employee development -- for example, if you don't already have SMAW 6G certification, we'll help you get it. You'll join a group of great people in a positive, team-oriented environment. In our Ocala manufacturing facility, you'll support SPX Flow's globally recognized Dehydration (DEHY) division, which includes industry-leading brands like Hankison®, Deltech®, Pneumatic Products®, Delair® and Jemaco®. Strong performers may have the chance to move into other roles in the shop. We also offer educational reimbursement benefits that can help you complete a 2-year technical program or even pursue an engineering degree.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welds all types of metals and alloys of various sizes, shapes, and thicknesses, including dissimilar metals such as copper to steel.
- Operates various hand-welding, flame-cutting, hand-soldering, or brazing equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products.
- May set up, operate, and/or tend to robots that weld, braze, solder, or heat treat metal products, components, or assemblies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A strong commitment to safety and appropriate use of personal protective equipment.
- The ability to:
- Understand and follow written and or verbal instructions.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Work in a team environment.
- A detail orientation.
- Self-motivated, detail orientated and dependable, with a good attendance record and a positive attitude.
- Good initiative and the ability to achieve goals independently.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2 to 4 years of welding experience.
- Experience with MIG/TIG and stick welding.
- The ability to pass a SWAG 6G test.
- Flux and sub arc welding experience is a plus.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
Shop conditions are in line with SPX Flow EHS regulations and country legislative safety requirements with regards to safe walkways, shelving and general working areas. Due to the nature of the stores environment, temperatures can range depending on seasonal conditions. An air-conditioned office is available within the warehouse to reduce discomfort. Cleanliness is of paramount importance to SPX Flow however from time to time, dust and general packing materials may accumulate. Noise can often be at levels that require hearing protection due to vehicle movements and general day to day activities in the nearby workshop. All PPE is provided for by the company.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time.
- Embrace teamwork with no borders.
- Be obsessed with being the best.
- Own your actions.
- Ask the hard question.
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.