If you're a proven purchasing leader who combines a results-driven approach to team and process improvements with the vision to identify and implement strategic changes, the role of Purchasing Manager at SPX Flow could be your ideal opportunity. Here's why:
- You will be able to make a visible impact by identifying and implementing improvements and helping make the team and processes more robust.
- You will lead and develop a team of buyers including 5-6 direct reports and a contractor.
- The team will support industry-leading pump and valve brands, such as ClydeUnion Pumps, Johnson Pump, Lightnin, M&J Valve, and others.
- You can build strong and collaborative relationships as you work with the Engineering, Manufacturing and Planning teams.
- Success in this role could set you up to take on additional responsibilities or advance in our growing global organization.
- In addition to a competitive salary and excellent benefits, you'll enjoy a welcoming environment in which employees are appreciated and success is recognized.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As Purchasing Manager, you will be responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of a team of buyers responsible for purchasing goods and services. Either through your own efforts or those of your team, you will:
- Manage day-to-day purchasing activities, ensuring that all buyers are meeting their personal performance goals and standards.
- Locate materials, equipment and supplies vendors capable of delivering goods and service that meet Company requirements.
- Negotiate and bid as necessary to attain competitive pricing and terms for goods and services.
- Ensure compliance with Purchasing and Company rules and policies.
- Work collaboratively with Manufacturing to perform make vs. buy analyses that inform strong decision making.
- Prepare, process and approve requisition and purchase orders, as well as change notices for goods and services.
- Work collaboratively with the Planning group to analyze supply and demand and create inventory stocking plans to meet expected market lead time requirements.
- Manage supplier performance to ensure high quality, on-time and cost-effective supply of goods and services.
- Ensure critical deliveries are expedited.
- Maintain purchasing information in the ERP system; ensure complete and accurate record keeping/documentation of all goods and services ordered and received.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances and claims against suppliers.
- Monitor, analyze and report key supply chain performance metrics including sourcing savings, DPO, supplier delivery, inventory turns, quality, etc. for continuous improvement.
- Work collaboratively with the Corporate Supply Chain team on key initiatives like sourcing savings projects, supplier lead time improvement programs, improvements to supplier payment terms, inventory optimization programs, and solutions to the supplier-related cost of poor quality.
- Maintain, improve, and implement purchasing instructions, policies and procedures.
- Work with Engineering for the clarification of specifications with suppliers and considerations for substitute materials.
- Propose improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve efficiency, cost and quality.
- Participate in creating ways to utilize slow moving stock to help offset losses.
- Arrange for the disposal of surplus materials.
- Assist in resolving supplier invoice issues.
- Interview, hire, train, assign, manage and supervise the work of a team of buyers; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve problems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of supply chain management
- Working knowledge of purchasing, sourcing, supplier performance management, supply chain and inventory strategies and practices
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills
- Strong computer skills including experience and intermediate to advanced proficiency with:
- General working knowledge of SAP purchasing modules
- Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent collaboration and verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced and demanding environment
- Self-directed with excellent initiative and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy
- Work well under stress and be able to deliver on time.
You also will need to be able to travel approximately 10% of the time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related field preferred or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPM or APICS certification is helpful but not required
- 5 to 10 years of experience in Supply Chain or Purchasing management with demonstrated experience in cost reduction, domestically and internationally
- Experience leading and coaching a team of buyers with using a results-driven, servant leader approach
- Oil and Gas industry experience
- Manufacturing experience including experience with casting from a supply chain perspective
- Proven history developing effective inventory management policies
- Demonstrated competency in strategic sourcing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time.
- Embrace teamwork with no borders.
- Be obsessed with being the best.
- Own your actions.
- Ask the hard question.
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment.
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.
SPX Flow is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are protected by the Pay Transparency rule.