If you combine strong 2D and 3D CAD skills with the ability to create component and system drawings and 3D models of components and systems, the role of Designer / Drafter with SPX Flow could be your perfect fit. You will assist with new projects and redesigns of existing projects and create customer-specific mixer designs from sketches, marked up prints, verbal or written instructions and/or customer requirements. Consider a few advantages of joining our team.
- Support SPX FLOW's LIGHTNIN brand, a brand with 90+ years of unrivaled experience in industrial mixing technology and innovation, and a global reputation for delivering durable, long-lasting mixers, agitators, aerators, and flocculators for fluid process systems.
- Enjoy variety as you work on a wide array of projects, along with exposure to multiple stakeholders and talented teams.
- Work as a member of the Industrial Division and the Engineering department at our plant in Rochester, NY. The facility is air-conditioned, the dress code is casual, and we have an onsite cafeteria and manufacturing (so you can see what you created).
- You will find an engaging environment along with opportunities to learn and continue to develop your skills.
- Enjoy a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package in an atmosphere where we recognize quality work and a job well done! Proven performers can advance their careers with SPX FLOW. In fact, this role is open because the incumbent is pursuing another opportunity at SPX FLOW.
You'll enjoy a flexible Monday - Friday schedule (start time between 7 AM and 9 AM) with an opportunity for overtime.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, as Designer, you will operate a computer-aided design (CAD) system to create component drawings, system drawings, 3D models of components and systems, and to resize and/or modify designs. You will work closely with both our Sales and Operations teams as you assist with new and redesign projects, as well as provide support for sales orders and quotations. You will contribute to projects by interfacing with team members and creating customer-specific mixer designs. It will be your responsibility to ensure design accuracy.
- Generate layout and general arrangement drawings
- Create bills of material (BOM)
- Create customer specific designs
- Create Instruction and Operation Manuals (IOMs) and other documentation as needed
- Work with Sales and Contract Management to ensure customer specifications are met
- Assist Operations and approve drawing variances on the shop floor
- Create 3D models and assemblies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 2D and 3D CAD skills required; AutoCAD and Inventor preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Strong knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Proficiency with an ERP system; SAP preferred
- Ability to write and communicate clearly; technical writing experience highly preferred
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office programs (Excel and Word) and ability to work with PDFs
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with a variety of titles and stakeholders
- Detail oriented while also being deadline driven
- Excellent mechanical inclination and technical savvy desired -- know how parts fit and work together
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of an associate's degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology, CAD Design or similar required
- Strong drafting experience required
- Drafting design experience preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time
- Embrace teamwork with no borders
- Be obsessed with being the best
- Own your actions
- Ask the hard questions
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.