This position offers you the opportunity to expand your mechanical engineering skills and experience in a positive, fast-paced environment with a family-like atmosphere. As Mechanical Engineer III you will be responsible for the design and analysis of industrial equipment and machinery including the determination of product size, product specifications, capacities, design parameters, and performance to meet company requirements.
We’re looking for a professional with a confident personality who can gain our customers' trust. The ideal candidate will also be able to work independently with remote team support in order to assure that repair procedures are developed in accordance with recognized industry standards, and are followed in all repairs/upgrades.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and coordinate fabrication, installation, operation, application, maintenance, and repair of mechanical or electromechanical machines, equipment, tools, engines and systems.
- Ensure that quality levels and industry standards are maintained or improved in the manufacturing process.
- Evaluate mechanical products to determine their cost-effectiveness and efficiency.
- Evaluate field installations and recommend design modifications to eliminate malfunctions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- The ability to succeed in a busy industrial environment, while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to work on multiple tasks and demonstrate experience in developing and leading mechanical engineering processes.
- The ability to work and build relationships with manager and colleagues across multiple and remote sites.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent skills in communication, persuasion, negotiation and influencing.
- Good initiative and ability to manage independently.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2-5 years of directly related experience in Mechanical Engineering.
- Four-year degree earned in the U.S. or the equivalent Canadian degree.
- The ability to work independently with remote team support and receive minimal guidance.
- The ability to solve complex problems.
- API Pump repair and drafting experience.
- Ability to work in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment.
- A rotating equipment background (API 610 and 674 pumps) and aftermarket background (repair/upgrade/rerate).
- API 610 experience required, API 674 desired.
- Drafting experience (2D required / 3D ).
Desired but not required:
- Vibration analysis.
- Product experience – (Refinery / Gas plant).
- Failure analysis – root cause including system analysis.
- Rotating equipment background.
You should also be willing and able to travel approximately 10-15 percent of the time.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move objects weighing up to 30kg’s and occasionally lift and/or move heavier objects.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust and focus.
Warehouse conditions are in line with SPX Flow EHS regulations and country legislative safety requirements with regards to safe walkways, shelving and general working areas. Due to the nature of the environment, temperatures can range depending on seasonal conditions. An air-conditioned office is available within the warehouse to reduce discomfort. Cleanliness is of paramount importance to SPX Flow, however from time to time, dust and general packing materials may accumulate. Noise can often be at levels that require hearing protection due to vehicle movements and general day-to-day activities in the nearby workshop. All PPE is provided for by the company.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SPX FLOW VALUES
SPX Flow employees are expected to behave in accordance with our company values:
- Think all customer, all the time
- Embrace teamwork with no borders
- Be obsessed with being the best
- Own your actions
- Ask the hard questions
- Do the right thing, always!
- Appreciate the moment
Quality encompasses all aspects of SPX’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.