Are you ready to explore the corporate side of retail? The TJX Companies, Inc. is the leading off-price apparel and home fashions retailer in the U.S. and worldwide. Our brands include T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the United States; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada; T.K. Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the U.K.; and Trade Secret in Australia. With nearly $31 billion in revenues in 2015, more than 3,600 stores, and approximately 216,000 Associates, success is always in style at TJX. We at TJX understand that both our customers and the talent pool from which our Associates come are increasingly diverse. Our core values of respect, integrity and fairness are inherent in the relationships we build with each other, our vendors and our customers. We are committed to leveraging the differences among our Associates and customers to create both a diversified mix of talent within TJX and a diversified mix of merchandise within our stores. We consider the unique views and opinions of our Associates to be key to our growth and success in the future.
***This position is located in Marlborough***
Supervises the daily activities within the Expenses Payable department, including payment of all non-merchandise purchases and associate reimbursements. Ensures timely and accurate processing of such activity. Trains, coaches, and develops direct report associates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise 8 Non-Exempt associates to ensure timely and accurate processing of invoices, expense reports, and other non-merchandise payments to associates and suppliers.
- Provide quality customer service to internal and external customers, and partner with the same to enhance knowledge and processes.
- Monitor and adjust staff assignments to effectively manage workloads, backlog, and open items. Ensure proper escalation and communication of issues and unusual items.
- Ensure tasks performed by the associates comply with internal and external auditing rules, as well as Sarbanes Oxley and government regulations. Ensure compliance with company retention policies.
- Supervise, train, and develop direct reports. Provide consistent and regular coaching and counseling, including both positive and constructive feedback.
- Review reporting created by direct reports for accuracy, timeliness, and value added information.
- Participate in discussions and testing of open issues, enhancements, and other changes to the system. Participate in projects related to EP.
- Recommend enhancements to procedures, processes, and reporting. Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Assign and allocate work, resolve technical and procedural issues, open items, etc.
- Escalate and communicate issues, outstanding items, and unusual situations.
- Recommend progressive discipline steps and termination situations to management.
- Recommend enhancements to processes and procedures to management.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business management highly preferred.
- 2 years experience in a payable, finance, banking, or a production department required.
- 2+ years prior management and/or supervisory experience highly preferred.
- General knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Strong leadership and communication skills as show in the ability to supervise a variety of daily tasks and projects; conduct interviews, run meetings and coaching sessions, and provide quality customer service to internal and external customers.
- Strong technical skills (PC, Excel, Access, etc) as shown in the ability to gather, consolidate, and present data to business partners and senior management.
- Experience using a large ERP package, preferably SAP or Oracle, required.
What's In It For You?
At the TJX Companies, Inc., conveniently located directly off both the Mass Pike and Route 9, you'll not only enjoy the security of working for a stable and profitable industry leader, but you'll also enjoy the benefits that go along with it, such as: Medical/Dental/Life insurance, Associate Discounts and a Savings/Profit Sharing 401(k) Plan.
Click Here for a full list of the benefits of working for The TJX Companies, Inc.
TJX is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Posting Notes: Marlboro || Massachusetts