The TJX Companies, Inc. is the leading off-price apparel and home fashions retailer in the U.S. and worldwide. Our brands include T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the United States; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada; T.K. Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the U.K.; and Trade Secret in Australia. With nearly $31 billion in revenues in 2015, more than 3,600 stores, and approximately 216,000 Associates, success is always in style at TJX. We at TJX understand that both our customers and the talent pool from which our Associates come are increasingly diverse. Our core values of respect, integrity and fairness are inherent in the relationships we build with each other, our vendors and our customers. We are committed to leveraging the differences among our Associates and customers to create both a diversified mix of talent within TJX and a diversified mix of merchandise within our stores. We consider the unique views and opinions of our Associates to be key to our growth and success in the future.
Success is always in style at the TJX Companies! Ideal candidates will join us from all walks of life whether you are a new college graduate or transitioning from the military. You may have a more traditional background in distribution or manufacturing or your leadership skills may have been gained working in the restaurant, airline, hotel, retail or auto industries. Utilize your leadership and operational talents to be a part of a collaborative team working towards executing, delivering and achieving business goals and objectives on second shift at our new, climate controlled, eCommerce fulfillment center for TJMaxx.com!
After an in-depth and personalized training period, you will be involved and accountable for the following:
- Collaborate across departments to ensure the highest level of customer service to internal and external partners
- Develop strong communication channels within the departments and across the operation to ensure a smooth transition from one shift to the next
- Provide continuous direction to Associates regarding proper work methods to help increase Associate performance and business productivity
- Engage, develop and motivate Associates while ensuring morale is at a high level through appropriate interventions, such as probationary reviews, performance goal setting, and frequent and candid conversations in order to drive high performing individuals and teams
- Manage a safe workplace by advocating safety training and ensure accident preparedness is adhered to through excellent housekeeping standards
- Inspire and foster an environment where diverse backgrounds are respected and valued
- Review and analyze KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) reports in a timely manner to ensure meaningful data is reported both internal and externally in partnership with Human Resources, anticipate manpower needed to ensure workload demands are established to execute productivity
- Ensure operational productivity and effectiveness levels are set, maintained and continuously improved for Associates
- High School diploma or equivalent required; degree in Supply Chain Management is a plus
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience; experience leading teams
- Availability to work 2nd shift and any other shift as the business requires
- Understand comments and concerns expressed by participants during daily activities and meetings
- Effectively communicates with colleagues in a multicultural, multinational environment; can deliver difficult messages well
- Problem solving skills and proficient in analyzing qualitative and quantitative data
- Exhibit dedication to helping peers succeed and demonstrate willingness to train and mentor employees
- Cross-functional expertise and thrive in a highly complex environment
- Excellence in key areas of management such as quality management, relationship management, risk management, and staff direction
- Capacity to manage ambiguity and shifting priorities, while remaining calm and controlled
At the TJX Companies, Inc., you'll not only enjoy the security of working for a stable and profitable industry leader, but you'll also enjoy the benefits that go along with it, such as: Medical/Dental/Life insurance, Associate Discounts and a Savings/Profit Sharing 401(k) Plan.
Click Here for a full list of the benefits of working for The TJX Companies, Inc.
TJX is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Posting Notes: Memphis || Tennessee