The TJX Companies, Inc. is the leading off-price apparel and home fashions retailer in the U.S. and worldwide, operating four major divisions -- Marmaxx (T.J. Maxx and Marshalls) and HomeGoods in the United States; TJX Canada (Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls); and TJX Europe (T.K. Maxx and HomeSense). In late 2012, we acquired Sierra Trading Post, an off-price, Internet retailer of apparel and home fashions, bringing it into our family of businesses. With over $26 billion in revenues in 2012, more than 3,000 stores, and approximately 179,000 Associates, success is always in style at TJX. We at TJX understand that both our customers and the talent pool from which our Associates come are increasingly diverse. Our core values of respect, integrity and fairness are inherent in the relationships we build with each other, our vendors and our customers. We are committed to leveraging the differences among our Associates and customers to create both a diversified mix of talent within TJX and a diversified mix of merchandise within our stores. We consider the unique views and opinions of our Associates to be key to our growth and success in the future.
Please note this position is located in Marlborough, MA
Responsible for the full cycle of processing merchandise invoices consisting of data entry, manual matching to receipts and reconciling any discrepancies both at the invoice and purchase order level. Work closely with other TJX departments and Vendors to research unit and cost variances. Processes vendor chargebacks, returns and freight claims as required. Analyzes, evaluates and resolves the over/short variances based on the Merchandise Payables and Import System. Prepares and issues daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly statistical reporting to both internal and external management for HomeGoods, Marmaxx and TJX.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Processes merchandise invoices for payment using the on-line work queue, in the Account Payables, mainframe and imaging systems. Identifies unit and dollar discrepancies and researches variances at the Distribution Center and Master PO level.
- Documents research results on-line. Obtains necessary approvals based on internal Accounts Payables rules and Corporate Approval Authority Schedule. Processes freight claims, vendor deductions, merchandise returns, and performs PO reconciliation, as needed.
- Monitors and follows up on disapproved matches and pending approvals in the work queue. Updates the status of matches.
- Handles customer service requests from Vendor Relations and tracks daily productivity.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance strongly preferred
- Six months to 1 year previous payables experience
- Must have excellent Excel skills (pivot tables, v lookups, able to write formulas)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good follow through skills
- Good communication skills
At the TJX Companies, Inc., you'll not only enjoy the security of working for a stable and profitable industry leader, but you'll also enjoy the benefits that go along with it, such as: Medical/Dental/Life insurance, Associate Discounts and a Savings/Profit Sharing 401(k) Plan.
Click Here for a full list of the benefits of working for The TJX Companies, Inc.
TJX is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
To ensure your resume can be seen by any TJX Recruiter for other possible job opportunities, please select the first option, "Any Company Recruiter Worldwide" when setting your profile visibility.
Posting Notes: Framingham || Massachusetts