Sierra Trading Post is an off-price Internet retailer of brand name outdoor gear, family apparel and footwear, sporting goods and home fashions. We offer consumers an ever-changing selection of merchandise, at great value. Based in Cheyenne, Wyoming, we launched our e-commerce site, SierraTradingPost.com, in 1998. As of October 31, 2015, we also operate 7 retail stores. Sierra Trading Post, is part of The TJX Companies, Inc. the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide.
Sierra Trading Post is the off-price Internet destination for brand name outdoor gear, family apparel and footwear, sporting goods and home fashions that inspire. We offer consumers an ever-changing selection of merchandise, all at a great value. We offer our employees the opportunity to be part of a positive, healthy work environment which helps promote a love of the great outdoors. Our culture can best be described in two words: casual & fun. We look for and value creativity, openness, innovative ideas and an entrepreneurial spirit. We are located in Fort Collins, CO, home to unlimited recreational activities, cultural attractions and an up-and-coming food scene. We launched our e-commerce site, SierraTradingPost.com, in 1998 and we also operate 7 retail stores as part of the TJX Companies family.
What makes our buyers unique?
Our merchants are in the market every week fostering vendor relationships and buying exciting merchandise that represents an incredible value to our customer. TJX is not tied to a corporate controlled matrix; we expect and encourage our Buyers to source new vendors and resources to bring in desired goods. Our Buyers have a high level of autonomy; they have the ability to negotiate and make on-the-spot decisions while in the market place. We provide an environment where our Buyers can be creative, free thinkers and encourage risk taking.
*Openings are in Los Angeles, CA and Framingham, MA.
- Opportunistically purchase quality, brand name goods;
- Analyze history and current business in order to strategically forecast future opportunities;
- As part of the merchandising team you will work closely with other Buyers, and Management, to meet Company goals and objectives;
- Maintain knowledge of market conditions regarding price, resources and fashion as they relate to trends and key items, and react accordingly to impact sales;
- Negotiate and make decisions to buy, while in the market place;
- Travel as required.
- Must have a minimum of four years of merchandise buying experience in a fast paced environment and fashion oriented category;
- Prior experience as a Buyer in a large, multi-unit retail environment;
- Must have a proven history of successfully driving sales results;
- Must have strong analytical, financial, strategic and planning skills;
- Must have a proven record of strong negotiating skills, with examples to substantiate;
- Must be a go-getter, with a "can-do attitude" and a true excitement for the business;
- Creative, entrepreneurial minded, with a strong comfort level with taking measurable risks;
- Strong team playing, clear communication, and relationship building skills are very important in order to be successful in our business.
- The locations of open positions are Los Angeles, CA and Framingham, MA
The TJX Companies, Inc. ranks No. 103 in the 2015 Fortune 500 listings. As of January 31, 2015, the Company had $29 billion in revenues, more than 3,300 stores in 7 countries, 3 e-commerce sites, and approximately 198,000 Associates. We operate T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com, in the United States; Winners, HomeSense, and Marshalls (combined, TJX Canada) in Canada; T.K. Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, and Austria, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the U.K. (combined, TJX Europe); and Trade Secret in Australia.
TJX is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.