Requisition ID: 14251
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Certified Inspector - Weekend Shift to join our team in [[location]]. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is concerned with the direct inspection of all parts and materials received and shipped to ensure that they meet our quality requirements. In addition, they perform a combination of manual and clerical duties to receive, store and issue the company's materials.
- Under limited supervision, performs a variety of moderately complex parts/product inspection tasks (inspect for defects, errors, variation) and/or evaluates manufacturing processes and procedures following Rockwell Collins Quality Management and/or assisting and mentoring Production Operators Systems/Procedures and Workmanship Standards.
- Evaluates products, processes, and procedures through the use of schematic diagrams, sketches, drawings, layout, work instructions and quality operating procedures to ensure accuracy.
- Required to use measuring devices/inspection tools (micrometers, gauges, scales, calipers, etc.) to verify specifications.
- Responsible for assuring that quality and manufacturing procedures are being followed through the use of audit activity. Position also audits products throughout the facility for compliance and records defects to Workmanship Standards.
- Maintain complete records of all inspection for department. Review all applicable documentation, test and inspection records for accuracy and completeness
- Assists in determining root cause and corrective action activities for process and product improvements.
- Inspects and/or repairs electronic assemblies for conformance to prescribed Workmanship Standards, and rejects nonconforming products and accepts conforming products.
- May operate optical inspection machine.
- May perform final product acceptance (sell process) and/or perform complex repair/rework processes.
- Required to enter time in FIT timekeeping system, charging time to programs being worked and time/attendance
- Flexibility to support production schedule requiring working overtime hours and alternate shift hours.
- Work in a safe manner, per Rockwell Collins Environmental Health and Safety policies.
- May be required to perform additional duties/responsibilities.
- Quality - perform within the limits of quality policy
- Performance - performs within limits of productivity expectations
- Attendance - Regular and reliable attendance is required, performing within the limits of attendance policies
- Communication/Teaming - understands teaming and is working on communication skills
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- US Citizen or Permanent Residency
- Must be willing to work the weekend shift (Friday through Sunday, 12 hours per day)
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.