A core part of the Technology & Product division of Comcast who’s mission is to build the software that shapes all experiences that video subscribers are offered across our next-gen set-top box (X1) as well as all major mobile (iOS, Android) and Connected TV platforms (e.g. Roku, Chromecast, Samsung TV). Our development teams are primarily located in Silicon Valley, CA and Philadelphia, PA.
Are you passionate about shaping the future of how we’ll experience entertainment at home? Do you enjoy collaborating with others to build and deliver big projects?
As a Product Manager for X1 Streaming on the Comcast Video Product team, you will change the way people think about their television service and how they think about our company. You’ll join a team that is rapidly changing the landscape of TV thru its Emmy-award receiving X1 platform that is already redefining the industry. Stop watching from your couch and grab a seat at the table to shape the future of entertainment.
Who does a Product Manager on the Apps team work with?
As typical in product management leadership you operate at the intersection between engineering, design, and the business. In this role building mobile apps, you’ll work with a number of other support teams throughouth the company as well such as our video rendering backend and metadata services team. Finally you collaborate with the sister teams working on the X1 set-top box to learn and shape how watching TV should evolve going forward.
You’ll work as part of a team of product managers focused on video apps on major mobile (iOS, Android, Web) and connected TV platforms (Roku, Chromecast, Samsung TV). Apps you’ll work on include XFINITY Stream App and XFINITY TV Remote Apps. This is part of a larger group run by the VP of Product Management responsible also for how Comcast better serves sports fans and expands content on the X1 STV to include streaming from Netflix, YouTube, and leading Music services.
What are some interesting problems you’ll be working on?
In your role you will shape how mobile devices can deliver new ways of enjoying TV content whether that’s your favorite TV show or movie, a live sporting event, or some great kids content. You will look at how discovery and consumption should be different from traditional methods used on TV given how mobile apps fit into our lives.
You will bridge the redefinition of what to expect from “cable TV” with the rapidly evolving “digital-born” experiences that are growing in popularity on mobile and connected TV devices
Where can you make an impact?
You’ll be working with the best and brightest minds in Comcast across both our our headquarters in Philadelphia as well as our development center in Silicon Valley, CA. You will look to create win-win opportunities that benefit our 3rd party partners and the Comcast business in a way that our customers will love and use everyday.
· Contribute to product strategy for this area. Balance focus between near-term (within next 6 months) and the long term (1-2 years out). Challenge the status quo.
· Collaborate with other other product managers and colleagues from design, development, business, marketing, editorial, support, legal, and operations to develop product strategies and requirements
· Understand the customer by working with research, understanding quantitative metrics, and by spending time yourself with customers directly including the how they use competitive offerings.
· Keep others informed of what you and your team is doing. Communicate with executives & stakeholders on product usage & performance, and gather feedback
Skills and Requirements
· 2+ years of successful experience building, managing, and/or supporting mobile products on mobile, web, or within the traditional TV industry on their devices.
· 5+ years of product management experience in a technology environment
· Strong analytical & strategic planning skills; know when perfect is the enemy of good
· Ability to make decisions quickly and independently; good shipped, is better than perfect on paper
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills; capable of interacting with customers and Senior Leadership on complex topics
· Comfortable working and driving a fast paced agile environment.
· Ability to travel (typically once a month) either to 3rd party partners or the other coast’s development ctr
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer