At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
Do you have a knack for technology and an experience and a passion for learning? Do you like connecting the dots, integrating interests and bringing solutions together that help people learn their best across an enterprise? Then this role may be just the challenge and opportunity you are looking for!
The Learning Innovation and Technology Consultant is responsible for driving learning innovation, learning technologies, learning design and development standards, and best practices across our learning enterprise areas and ensuring our technology solutions meet business needs and scale, where appropriate, to meet broader enterprise learning needs. This role is responsible for defining, implementing, developing and supporting learning tools and technologies, including a learning management system, social learning tools, digital learning, live virtual classroom, and learning and knowledge portals.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s degree in learning technology, or related experience required.
- Minimum 7 years of learning development and/or delivery experience demonstrating a proven track record in the research, design, development and/or implementation of effective learning technology solutions.
- Experience with use of various learning/development technologies (e.g., CSS, XML, Content Management Systems, collaborative learning portal applications, forums, tools and learning management and/or content management systems, AICC/SCORM compliant needs.
- Experience with Sharepoint, SAP Success Factors and Metrics That Matter technology a plus with a strong working knowledge of learning metrics.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-departmental teams with experience in leading project initiatives across multiple learning teams.
- Strong analytical and intuitive skills with proven ability to identify and creatively solve problems, make decisions, negotiate, and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Flexibility, creativity and persistence in exploring innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills with the ability to handle ambiguity, resolve conflict, build rapport and build acceptance at all levels in the home office and field.
- Demonstrated ability to independently formulate an idea by leveraging strong business knowledge and acumen, outside-in perspective and an enterprise mindset.
- Effective interpersonal and consulting skills; ability to take an idea to sustainable execution by adapting to and navigating through organizational networks, influencing and coaching business leaders on learning strategies to deliver complex performance and learning solutions that meet business needs.
- Creativity and strong conceptual and systems thinking skills with ability to make connections.
- Demonstrated ongoing learner with knowledge in human performance, including methods of analysis and identification of performance solutions.
- Disciplined agile program management skills and execution skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and deliver within scope, on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate, identify and plan for obstacles or barriers to learning and performance support solutions.
- Software engineering experience a plus.
Req ID: 18088
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Required
Employment Experience: 6-8 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 10/23/2017