At Northwestern Mutual, we believe relationships are built on trust. That our lives and our work matter. These beliefs launched our company nearly 160 years ago. Today, they're just a few of the reasons why people choose to build careers at Northwestern Mutual.
We're strong and growing. In a company with such a long and storied history, this may be the most exciting and important time to be a part of Northwestern Mutual. We're strong, innovative and growing.
We invest in our people. We provide opportunities for employees to grow themselves, their career and in turn, our business.
We care. We make a positive difference in our communities. Nationally, thousands have benefitted from our support of research and programs to fight childhood cancer. Each year, our Foundation, employees and financial representatives donate time, talent and financial support to causes they're passionate about.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What's the role?
Curating, integrating and designing contemporary, challenging and engaging learning is what this role is all about. We are looking for a Learning & Performance Consultant who has a real passion for great content, is connected to and interested in learning about the latest, enjoys curation and has strong experience creating and evolving learning paths that support our people’s career growth. This role will also be responsible for learning metrics and the assessment of content effectiveness, ensuring our metrics approach for enterprise learning demonstrates learning impact for the individual and the business.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, adult education, organizational development, I/O Psychology or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years business experience with demonstrated strong business acumen and an ability to design and develop near and long-term performance and learning strategies, evaluate and curate content, and develop leadership in alignment with business goals and performance expectations
- A minimum of 7 years progressive experience in performance consulting, adult learning, learning technologies and/or instructional design necessary
- Demonstrated ability to independently formulate an idea by leveraging strong business knowledge and acumen, outside-in perspective and an enterprise mindset.
- Effective interpersonal and consulting skills; ability to take an idea to sustainable execution by adapting to and navigating through organizational networks, influencing and coaching business leaders on learning strategies to deliver complex performance and learning solutions that meet business needs
- Creativity and strong conceptual and systems thinking skills with ability to make connections
- Demonstrated ongoing learner with knowledge in human performance, including methods of analysis and identification of performance solutions
- Expertise in metrics (preferably Metrics that Matter), data and analytics to inform and guide solutions proactively; applies data analysis skills and judgment; interprets and counsels the business accordingly
- Disciplined project management skills and execution skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and deliver within scope, on time and within budget
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to develop contemporary modular and blended learning and performance support solutions including storyboards, job aids, participant/instructor manuals, knowledge management and collaborative learning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate, identify and plan for obstacles or barriers to learning and performance support solutions
Req ID: 18089
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor's Required
Employment Experience: 6-8 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 10/23/2017