Buckman is a privately held, global specialty chemical company with headquarters in Memphis, TN, USA, committed to safeguarding the environment, maintaining safety in the workplace, and promoting sustainable development. Buckman works proactively and collaboratively with its worldwide customers in pulp and paper, leather, and water treatment to deliver exceptional service and innovative specialty chemical solutions to help boost productivity, reduce risk, improve product quality, and provide a measurable return on investment.
In accordance with the Buckman Code of Ethics, Environmental Philosophy/Principles, and Safety Mission/Principles, the Account Manager is responsible for managing large customer accounts to obtain the overall objectives of Buckman and meet customer needs. The position is responsible for maintaining Buckman’s 8 Business Management Standards, organizing and directing the efforts of on-site representatives, identifying customer gaps and delivering solutions to increase sales and improving customer relationships over time.
- Successful selling experience in chemical sales.
- Specific training in pulp and paper necessary.
- Demonstrated understanding of business/finance and terminology and an understanding of Buckman’s 8 Business Management Standards and philosophy.
- project management
- technical writing/reporting
- people management
- Three or more years related experience in pulp & paper chemical sales.
- Pulp & Paper, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or Biology degree preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from an accredited four-year college or university.