Janus Henderson Global Investors is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a broad range of actively managed funds.
We provide our institutional, retail and high net-worth individuals with access to skilled investment professionals representing a broad range of asset classes including, equities, fixed income, multi asset and alternatives.
We are a team of independent thinkers who work tirelessly to help our clients achieve their goals – and we do it by fostering an energetic and collaborative culture that ensures our people love the place they work.
Headquartered in London, Janus Henderson is a truly global asset manager with a diverse geographic footprint, managing assets from 27 offices globally and employing more than 2,000 staff.
Corporate Title: Japan Equities Analyst
Reporting Line: Head of Japanese Equities
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Regulated Role: Yes
In-scope of Knowledge & Competence (MiFID II): No
Working within the Japan Equities team which manages both long-only and long/short portfolios
Overview of the Role
You will be responsible for providing high quality and timely research and stock ideas to the portfolio managers.
Area of Control
Your core duties fall within the remit of the Japan Equities team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the research of Japanese companies – primarily within a pre-defined area of the market, and to communicate the results of the research effectively to the portfolio managers both verbally and in writing
- Follow up on ad-hoc research requests by portfolio managers
- Build financial models and write investment case reports for stocks owned
- Contribute to the idea generation process of the team, utilising sector or general market knowledge
- Provide ad-hoc support to the portfolio managers as required
- Support marketing efforts as required
- Collaborate with other investment teams within Janus Henderson as appropriate
- Maintain the highest levels of integrity in all aspects of the role
- Carry out additional duties as assigned
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Significant experience as a Japan Equities Analyst with a reputable Buy side or Sell side firm
- Multi sector experience is an advantage
- Strong analytical skills of companies
- Deep understanding of valuation
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- Excellent Excel/modelling skills
- Strong knowledge of Bloomberg
- University degree in Business, Banking & Finance, Economics or a related area from a reputable university
- Teammate with effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to show initiative within the role
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed by:
- Annual Performance Appraisal
- Completion of all assigned Compliance training
- Annual Attestation (Knowledge and Competence in-scope roles only)
At a minimum the role will require you to:
- Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first and always act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
- Understand and follow laws and regulations applicable for your role, seeking the help of your supervising manager or Compliance if you would like further explanation or direction regarding this
- Understand and abide by all Janus Henderson policies applicable to your role, and ask for the support/guidance of the policy owner if you are unsure at any time
- You are ultimately accountable for your actions and responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Janus Henderson Investors (including its subsidiaries) will not maintain existing or sponsor new industry registrations or licenses where not supported by an employee’s job functions (as determined by Janus Henderson Investors at its sole discretion).
All applicants must be willing to comply with the provisions of Janus Henderson Investors' Investment Advisory Code of Ethics related to personal securities activities and other disclosure and certification requirements, including past political contributions and political activities. Applicants’ past political contributions or activity may impact applicants’ eligibility for this position. Janus Henderson Investors is an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. All applications are subject to background checks.