Janus Henderson Global Investors is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a broad range of actively managed funds.
We provide our institutional, retail and high net-worth individuals with access to skilled investment professionals representing a broad range of asset classes including, equities, fixed income, multi asset and alternatives.
We are a team of independent thinkers who work tirelessly to help our clients achieve their goals – and we do it by fostering an energetic and collaborative culture that ensures our people love the place they work.
Headquartered in London, Janus Henderson is a truly global asset manager with a diverse geographic footprint, managing assets from 27 offices globally and employing more than 2,000 staff.
Corporate Title: Analyst, IT Service Desk
Department: Global Technology
Reporting Line: Service Desk Team Lead
The IT department plays a crucial role in supporting the success of Janus Henderson. We are responsible for developing and implementing state-of-the-art software to support our fund management, trading, distribution and operational areas and for maintaining a stable and resilient IT infrastructure platform.
The IT Service Desk team is the face of IT to our internal customers. We deliver fast and accurate resolution of issues and maintain a fleet of end user IT equipment in a professional and service orientated manner.
Overview of the Role
The business facing role is focused on providing front line level 1 and 2 support for all IT related issues within the Service Desk team. This includes the logging of incidents, investigation of issues through to resolution and escalation to level 3 support teams where appropriate. You would be required to have the ability to manage customers’ expectations while at the same time ensuring that IT standards are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the first point of contact in resolving 1st and 2nd line support calls
- Ensure users are informed of progress at agreed intervals
- Own and handle incidents / problems with various teams through to resolution
- Support Senior Analysts on the production of service management information for senior management
- Assist with project work where needed
- Provide cover to the business from 07:00 – 19:00 on a shift basis
- Provide on-call support from 19:00 – 07:00 week days and 24hr on weekends. On a rotational basis
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Prior experience working within a 1st/2nd line Desktop Support role
- Knowledge of Windows 10 or equivalent
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016 including Outlook
- Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience of configuring mobile devices e.g. iOS and Android
- Ability to use helpdesk management tools to log/monitor/close client problems/requests
- Experience of working in high-pressure environments
- Ability to identify, isolate and resolve IT problems / requests
- Experience working with a ticket queue
- Familiarity with Cisco Jabber
- Familiarity with Microsoft Certificate Services and E-mail Encryption
- Understanding of Microsoft Systems Centre Configuration Manager
- Experience working with Service Now
- Basic understanding of LAN technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated with a passion for technology and a can-do attitude
- Organised individual who is a good communicator and can discuss technical subjects in layman terms
- Always maintains a calm, professional manner
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn ‘on the fly’, demonstrating a willingness to seek and achieve improvements to processes and technology
- Ability to work as part of a team, circulate important information and contribute to team discussion
- Good time management / planning – manages personal workload effectively, sets realistic and achievable targets and delivers against them
- Ability to empathise with the customer, putting yourself in their shoes to give them the best customer service experience
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed by:
- Annual Performance Appraisal
- Completion of all assigned Compliance training
- Annual Attestation (Knowledge and Competence in-scope roles only)
At a minimum the role will require you to:
- Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first and always act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
- Understand and follow laws and regulations applicable for your role, seeking the help of your supervising manager or Compliance if you would like further explanation or direction regarding this
- Understand and abide by all Janus Henderson policies applicable to your role, and ask for the support/guidance of the policy owner if you are unsure at any time
- You are ultimately accountable for your actions and responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Janus Henderson Investors (including its subsidiaries) will not maintain existing or sponsor new industry registrations or licenses where not supported by an employee’s job functions (as determined by Janus Henderson Investors at its sole discretion).
All applicants must be willing to comply with the provisions of Janus Henderson Investors' Investment Advisory Code of Ethics related to personal securities activities and other disclosure and certification requirements, including past political contributions and political activities. Applicants’ past political contributions or activity may impact applicants’ eligibility for this position. Janus Henderson Investors is an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. All applications are subject to background checks.