Janus Henderson Global Investors is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a broad range of actively managed funds.
We provide our institutional, retail and high net-worth individuals with access to skilled investment professionals representing a broad range of asset classes including, equities, fixed income, multi asset and alternatives.
We are a team of independent thinkers who work tirelessly to help our clients achieve their goals – and we do it by fostering an energetic and collaborative culture that ensures our people love the place they work.
Headquartered in London, Janus Henderson is a truly global asset manager with a diverse geographic footprint, managing assets from 27 offices globally and employing more than 2,000 staff.
Corporate Title: Channel Marketing Assistant/Executive – EMEA
Department: Global Marketing
Reporting Line: Head of Wholesale Marketing
Regulated Role: No
The EMEA and Latin America marketing team is accountable for building the Janus Henderson brand, building product awareness and helping to drive sales in tandem with the firm’s sales operation. The team is tasked with using all aspects of the marketing mix and is responsible for marketing to intermediated, wholesale and institutional segments across the UK, continental Europe and Latin America.
Overview of the Role
You will work with all regional channel marketing managers, and Head of Wholesale Marketing, to support delivery of our digital and email marketing activity in line with overall strategy and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work together with the channel marketing managers to coordinate and send out email communications as per the weekly planning.
- Content-led emails
- Campaign-related emails
- Regular newsletters
- Event-related emails
- Liaise with the Pardot specialist to ensure consistent use of templates and filing processes.
- Work with the advertising manager, social media and reporting manager and Pardot specialist to build and update regular analytics reports for digital activity.
- Web publishing: assist with publication of translated content to websites.
- Assist with the translation process
- Ensure familiarity with Janus Henderson’s financial promotions/literature principles and processes, as well as guidance from compliance. Ensure appropriate checks and sign off procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Contribute to marketing plans for defined channels and client segments.
- Work closely with local and regionally based sales, content and compliance teams in supporting and implementing ongoing and new marketing approaches.
- Collaborate with other teams in order to share feedback and work effectively; including sales, fund management, investment marketing, e-business, PR and product.
- Engage where appropriate with 3rd parties, including suppliers and clients.
- Understand brand, regulatory, compliance, TCF and financial requirements.
Assumes additional duties as assigned
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Some experience with Pardot (or similar email tool) and Salesforce
- Good writing/editing skills
- Knowledge of the asset management industry desirable
- Understanding of relevant channel audiences
- Knowledge of risk and compliance factors
- Able to work independently on small and moderately complex projects
- Some planning and project management skills
- Intermediate Microsoft office skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of an effective team
- Understand the need to prioritise and manage expectations
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships and developing good level of networking skills (internal teams, stakeholders and peers, and external 3rd parties)
- Client centric approach through all marketing work
- Takes decisions responsibly and acts on own initiative
- Deadline driven
- Question practices and requirements to ensure best practice and value add.
- Sets appropriate success criteria for marketing activity.
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed by:
- Annual Performance Appraisal
- Completion of all assigned Compliance training
- Annual Attestation (Knowledge and Competence in-scope roles only)
At a minimum the role will require you to:
- Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first and always act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
- Understand and follow laws and regulations applicable for your role, seeking the help of your supervising manager or Compliance if you would like further explanation or direction regarding this
- Understand and abide by all Janus Henderson policies applicable to your role, and ask for the support/guidance of the policy owner if you are unsure at any time
- You are ultimately accountable for your actions and responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Janus Henderson Investors (including its subsidiaries) will not maintain existing or sponsor new industry registrations or licenses where not supported by an employee’s job functions (as determined by Janus Henderson Investors at its sole discretion).
All applicants must be willing to comply with the provisions of Janus Henderson Investors' Investment Advisory Code of Ethics related to personal securities activities and other disclosure and certification requirements, including past political contributions and political activities. Applicants’ past political contributions or activity may impact applicants’ eligibility for this position. Janus Henderson Investors is an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. All applications are subject to background checks.