Janus Henderson Global Investors is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a broad range of actively managed funds.
We provide our institutional, retail and high net-worth individuals with access to skilled investment professionals representing a broad range of asset classes including, equities, fixed income, multi asset and alternatives.
We are a team of independent thinkers who work tirelessly to help our clients achieve their goals – and we do it by fostering an energetic and collaborative culture that ensures our people love the place they work.
Headquartered in London, Janus Henderson is a truly global asset manager with a diverse geographic footprint, managing assets from 27 offices globally and employing more than 2,000 staff.
Corporate Title: Channel Marketing Manager, Italy
Reporting Line: Head of Wholesale Marketing, EMEA & LatAm
Revised Date: May 2019
Regulated Role: No
The EMEA and Latin America marketing team is accountable for building the Janus Henderson brand, building product awareness and helping to drive sales in tandem with the firm’s sales operation. The team is tasked with using all aspects of the marketing mix and is responsible for marketing to intermediated, wholesale and institutional segments across the UK, continental Europe and Latin America.
Overview of the Role
You will be responsible for Janus Henderson’s wholesale marketing operations to fund selector, and advisory audiences in Italy. You will be working closely with Head of Wholesale marketing, regional sales heads, product, compliance, PR and the wider marketing team to generate product awareness and help drive sales and retain assets in line with strategy for the underlying markets.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will partner with the Head of Wholesale Marketing and regional sales heads to develop and deliver marketing strategy for the sales regions in line with overall objectives and collaborating with other areas of the team as needed.
- Work closely with content marketing and sales in planning and implementing ongoing and new marketing activities.
- Initiate/contribute to and lead complex integrated marketing campaigns across multiple channels and projects based on appropriate client segmentation.
- Ensure appropriate success criteria for activity.
- Planning and production of marketing collateral to support channel marketing activity.
- Project management of online and offline marketing requirements/activity.
- Work with digital marketing team to ensure digital dissemination channels are used effectively as part of the marketing mix.
- Ensure regional websites are up to date and content is displayed efficiently.
- Use analytics on marketing automation and website engagement to further refine strategy.
- Work with events team to ensure local events are planned and delivered in line with events schedule, budget and brand guidelines, providing additional support as needed.
- Work with the local sales teams and compliance in London to effectively deliver programmes of activity as defined in relevant client-specific joint marketing agreements.
- Ensure familiarity with Janus Henderson’s financial promotions/literature principles and processes, as well as guidance from compliance. Ensure appropriate checks and sign off procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Manage external suppliers and agencies as required.
Assumes additional duties as assigned
- None at present
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Proven experience of and ability to demonstrate strategic as well as practical marketing skills, preferably within a financial services environment and at a similar level.
- Good knowledge of investment products and markets, and the competitive environment would be helpful.
- Knowledge of Italian market and compliance rules.
- Previous collateral production experience.
- Experience with Pardot (or similar) and Salesforce beneficial
- CIM Professional Diploma, marketing degree or equivalent preferred.
- Italian language a requirement.
- Project and budget management.
- Excellent planning and project management skills and shown experience of leading integrated marketing campaigns.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Confident and decisive with good influencing skills.
- Confident and skilled presenter
- Understand the need to establish effective objectives and priorities as well as management of expectations.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships and good level of networking skills (internal clients, stakeholders and peers, and external third parties).
- Client centric approach through all marketing work.
- Analytical solving skills and comfortable escalating as needed.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Question practices and requirements to ensure best practice and value add.
- Sets appropriate success criteria for marketing activity.
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed by:
- Annual Performance Appraisal
- Completion of all assigned Compliance training
- Annual Attestation (Knowledge and Competence in-scope roles only)
For those in scope of Knowledge & Competence (MiFID II)
- Knowledge of financial markets, financial markets function and the impact of economic figures and national/regional/global events on markets
- Understanding of issues relating to market abuse and anti-money laundering
At a minimum the role will require you to:
- Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first and always act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
- Understand and follow laws and regulations applicable for your role, seeking the help of your supervising manager or Compliance if you would like further explanation or direction regarding this
- Understand and abide by all Janus Henderson policies applicable to your role, and ask for the support/guidance of the policy owner if you are unsure at any time
- You are ultimately accountable for your actions and responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Janus Henderson Investors (including its subsidiaries) will not maintain existing or sponsor new industry registrations or licenses where not supported by an employee’s job functions (as determined by Janus Henderson Investors at its sole discretion).
All applicants must be willing to comply with the provisions of Janus Henderson Investors' Investment Advisory Code of Ethics related to personal securities activities and other disclosure and certification requirements, including past political contributions and political activities. Applicants’ past political contributions or activity may impact applicants’ eligibility for this position. Janus Henderson Investors is an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. All applications are subject to background checks.