Janus Henderson Global Investors is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a broad range of actively managed funds.
We provide our institutional, retail and high net-worth individuals with access to skilled investment professionals representing a broad range of asset classes including, equities, fixed income, multi asset and alternatives.
We are a team of independent thinkers who work tirelessly to help our clients achieve their goals – and we do it by fostering an energetic and collaborative culture that ensures our people love the place they work.
Headquartered in London, Janus Henderson is a truly global asset manager with a diverse geographic footprint, managing assets from 27 offices globally and employing more than 2,000 staff.
Corporate Title: Operations Analyst
Department: Global Operations
Reporting Line: Head of Japan Operations
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Overview of the Role
You will be responsible for day to day operational support and the coordination between various internal and external stakeholders to successful client outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day support for existing sub-advised accounts in Japan
- Carry out the operational aspects of client agreements and support periodic regulatory reporting
- Support for New Business Implementation
- Coordinate and fulfil assigned operations functions with respect to products/processes as mandated by the operational obligations of the Janus Henderson group
- Responsible for the timely and accurate resolution of operations issues and queries for regional institutional and retail clients
- Responsible for daily operational tasks as the liaison between clients and our global offices regarding funds for Japanese clients
- Support annual/semi-annual reports (運用報告書) for retail funds
- Carry out additional duties as assigned
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience required
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience in an Operations or product support role in the Japanese asset management/institutional investment management industry, and/or trust bank
- Experience in investment report (運用報告) for retail funds will be an advantage
- Knowledge of X NET for pension funds will be an advantage
- Native Japanese speaker
- High level of English proficiency (written and verbal communication)
- High degree of self-initiative
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work well independently and within a multi-cultural global team environment
- Willingness to take additional tasks when it is required to meet the team and company’s objectives
- Strong team player
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed by:
- Annual Performance Appraisal
- Completion of all assigned Compliance training
- Annual Attestation (Knowledge and Competence in-scope roles only)
At a minimum the role will require you to:
- Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first and always act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
- Understand and follow laws and regulations applicable for your role, seeking the help of your supervising manager or Compliance if you would like further explanation or direction regarding this
- Understand and abide by all Janus Henderson policies applicable to your role, and ask for the support/guidance of the policy owner if you are unsure at any time
- You are ultimately accountable for your actions and responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Janus Henderson Investors (including its subsidiaries) will not maintain existing or sponsor new industry registrations or licenses where not supported by an employee’s job functions (as determined by Janus Henderson Investors at its sole discretion).
All applicants must be willing to comply with the provisions of Janus Henderson Investors' Investment Advisory Code of Ethics related to personal securities activities and other disclosure and certification requirements, including past political contributions and political activities. Applicants’ past political contributions or activity may impact applicants’ eligibility for this position. Janus Henderson Investors is an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. All applications are subject to background checks.