Corporate Title: Investment Services Trainee
Department: Investment Management
Reporting Line: Front Office Services Manager
Revised Date: May 2019
Janus Henderson Investors is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a highly diversified range of actively-managed products.
We support our individual and institutional investors across a range of products, encompassing equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives.
We are a team of independent and creative thinkers who work tirelessly to help our clients achieve their goals – and we do it by supporting a high-energy and collaborative culture that ensures our people love the place they work.
Janus Henderson is a truly global manager with US$357.3bn¹ of assets under management. We have a diverse geographic footprint, employing over 2,000 staff in 27 office locations globally. Headquartered in London, we are dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Australian Securities Exchange.
¹Janus Henderson pro-forma AUM as at 31 March 2019
The Investment Services team in the UK includes the Front Office Services team (FOS) and the Counterparty Management team.
The FOS team act as an intermediary for the front office into the business and externally, representing the front office on business projects and relevant corporate strategy implementations, inputting and prioritising process and technical changes on behalf of Investment Management and providing an escalation point for Investment Management.
The Counterparty Management team is responsible for supporting the coordination of JHI Counterparty On-boarding, providing on-going support to counterparties, the coordination and management of trading documentation, as well as supporting the on-going relationship management with counterparties on behalf of key JHI Stakeholders.
What you will be doing
You will work alongside the Front Office Services and Counterparty Management Analysts in the London team on a number of projects. Projects include IT change, business support for Fund managers and dealers, new product launches to ensure all front office impacts are considered, and coordination of onboarding and documentation.
What you will learn
- Project management skills.
- Knowledge of the asset management business
- Understanding of the underlying product types
What we are looking for
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong IT skills - Excel Intermediate preferred
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Adaptable with ability to propose change and take on new challenges
- Able to develop relationships with fund managers and other stakeholders within the business and externally
- Awareness of a need to ask for help/escalate where the impact of an action or issue are known to be significant or are unknown
At a minimum the role will require you to:
- Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first and always act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
- Understand and follow laws and regulations applicable for your role, seeking the help of your supervising manager or Compliance if you would like further explanation or direction regarding this
- Understand and abide by all Janus Henderson policies applicable to your role, and ask for the support/guidance of the policy owner if you are unsure at any time
- You are ultimately accountable for your actions and responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Janus Henderson Investors (including its subsidiaries) will not maintain existing or sponsor new industry registrations or licenses where not supported by an employee’s job functions (as determined by Janus Henderson Investors at its sole discretion).
All applicants must be willing to comply with the provisions of Janus Henderson Investors' Investment Advisory Code of Ethics related to personal securities activities and other disclosure and certification requirements, including past political contributions and political activities. Applicants’ past political contributions or activity may impact applicants’ eligibility for this position. Janus Henderson Investors is an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. All applications are subject to background checks.