Corporate Title: Marketing Trainee, Advertising
Department: EMEA & LatAm Marketing / Distribution
Reporting Line: Senior Marketing Executive
Revised Date: May 2019
Janus Henderson Investors is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a highly diversified range of actively-managed products.
We support our individual and institutional investors across a range of products, encompassing equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives.
We are a team of independent and creative thinkers who work tirelessly to help our clients achieve their goals – and we do it by supporting a high-energy and collaborative culture that ensures our people love the place they work.
Janus Henderson is a truly global manager with US$357.3bn1 of assets under management. We have a diverse geographic footprint, employing over 2,000 staff in 27 office locations globally. Headquartered in London, we are dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Australian Securities Exchange.
1Janus Henderson pro-forma AUM as at 31 March 2019
The EMEA and Latin America marketing team is responsible for building the Janus Henderson brand, building product awareness and helping to drive sales in tandem with the firm’s sales operation. The team is tasked with using all aspects of the marketing mix and is responsible for marketing to intermediated, wholesale and institutional segments across the UK, continental Europe and Latin America.
What you will learn
This role will provide you with excellent exposure to a really exciting side of the marketing world; advertising, which is extremely creative. You will learn to work with both internal and external stakeholders and gain an good insight into investments as all of our advertising is investment-led. You will also gain knowledge of:
- Project management and office skills
- Other areas of the marketing
What you will be doing in more detail
You will be responsible for working with the Senior Brand & Advertising Marketing Executive to support delivery of all our advertising activity across the UK, Europe and Latin America. This will involve:
- Assisting with the day-to-day activities of the Brand & Advertising team, including:
- Delivery of the media schedule (e.g. content dissemination, campaign reporting);
- Creating new advertising (e.g. reformatting of online/offline adverts, assisting with Compliance sign off process);
- Liaison where necessary with our creative and media agencies, vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Assist with ordering of branded merchandise.
- Ensure brand consistency across all marketing materials.
- Support with ad hoc Brand & Advertising projects.
- Carry out additional duties to support the wider team, such as invoicing and literature updates, as assigned.
What we are looking for
- English aside, skills in widely spoken languages would be helpful but not required
- Writing/editing skills as well as good level of numeracy
- Presentation skills desirable
- Planning and project management skills desirable
- Intermediate Microsoft office skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships and developing good level of networking skills
- Ability to work as part of an effective team
- Understand the need to prioritise work and manage people’s expectations/keep people informed on progress
- Good attention to detail
- Values customer service
- Able to takes decisions responsibly and act on your own initiative
- Deadline driven
At a minimum the role will require you to:
- Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first and always act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
- Understand and follow laws and regulations applicable for your role, seeking the help of your supervising manager or Compliance if you would like further explanation or direction regarding this
- Understand and abide by all Janus Henderson policies applicable to your role, and ask for the support/guidance of the policy owner if you are unsure at any time
- You are ultimately accountable for your actions and responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Janus Henderson Investors (including its subsidiaries) will not maintain existing or sponsor new industry registrations or licenses where not supported by an employee’s job functions (as determined by Janus Henderson Investors at its sole discretion).
All applicants must be willing to comply with the provisions of Janus Henderson Investors' Investment Advisory Code of Ethics related to personal securities activities and other disclosure and certification requirements, including past political contributions and political activities. Applicants’ past political contributions or activity may impact applicants’ eligibility for this position. Janus Henderson Investors is an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. All applications are subject to background checks.