Corporate Title: Digital Trainee
Department: Digital strategy, Marketing
Reporting Line: Head of Digital Delivery
Revised Date: May 2019
Janus Henderson Investors is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a highly diversified range of actively-managed products.
We support our individual and institutional investors across a range of products, encompassing equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives.
We are a team of independent and creative thinkers who work tirelessly to help our clients achieve their goals – and we do it by supporting a high-energy and collaborative culture that ensures our people love the place they work.
Janus Henderson is a truly global manager with US$357.3bn1 of assets under management. We have a diverse geographic footprint, employing over 2,000 staff in 27 office locations globally. Headquartered in London, we are dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Australian Securities Exchange.
1Janus Henderson pro-forma AUM as at 31 March 2019
Janus Henderson’s award winning digital presence takes the form of over 70 channels in 11 languages, serving 20 countries. Significant investment has been made over recent years in building an advanced digital experience platform. This investment combined with corporate ambition has created an environment where transformative digital projects are now in progress.
What you will learn
- Understanding of how the digital team functions and why digital is important to an Asset Management firm
- How to maintain a global corporate website and an understanding of how we use social media to enhance our brand
- How to use analytics data to support digital enhancements. Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Talkwalker and other team applications for data, analysis and reporting within digital
What you will be doing in more detail
- Supporting the day-to-day maintenance of our global websites
- Ensuring that all changes made are consistent with compliance, legal, content and brand policies
- Support publishing to our social media accounts and use Hootsuite for relevant reporting and analytics
- Conduct data and content quality spot checks and regular governance procedures
- Work constructively with all global stakeholders to implement their items
- Use analytics data to inform implementation and enhancement design
- Help ensure we are working as optimal as can be and that our processes reflect this
- Continuously monitoring and researching the digital landscape and competitor activity, taking the initiative in investigation and presenting actionable findings
- Pro-actively suggesting appropriate alternative ideas and willingness to build a strong case for new approaches as well as finding time to make ideas a reality
- Using Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Talkwalker and other team applications for data, analysis and reporting.
What we are looking for
- An adaptive individual who is passionate about digital and creating a best in class customer experience across our digital platforms
- A quick learner who is able to use their initiative
- Ideally some familiarity within digital content management, including:
- content management tools (e.g. WordPress)
- digital and automation tools (ideally Pardot and/or Google Analytics)
- Knowledge of web technologies
- Experience using Excel is preferred
- Ability to work with a mix of internal stakeholders and external agencies to deliver services and enhancements
- Ability to work in a high intensity environment managing multiple work items at once
At a minimum the role will require you to:
- Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first and always act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
- Understand and follow laws and regulations applicable for your role, seeking the help of your supervising manager or Compliance if you would like further explanation or direction regarding this
- Understand and abide by all Janus Henderson policies applicable to your role, and ask for the support/guidance of the policy owner if you are unsure at any time
- You are ultimately accountable for your actions and responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Janus Henderson Investors (including its subsidiaries) will not maintain existing or sponsor new industry registrations or licenses where not supported by an employee’s job functions (as determined by Janus Henderson Investors at its sole discretion).
All applicants must be willing to comply with the provisions of Janus Henderson Investors' Investment Advisory Code of Ethics related to personal securities activities and other disclosure and certification requirements, including past political contributions and political activities. Applicants’ past political contributions or activity may impact applicants’ eligibility for this position. Janus Henderson Investors is an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. All applications are subject to background checks.