Corporate Title: Sales Support Trainee
Reporting Line: Client & Investment Services Team Manager
Revised Date: May 2019
Janus Henderson Investors is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a highly diversified range of actively-managed products.
We support our individual and institutional investors across a range of products, encompassing equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives.
We are a team of independent and creative thinkers who work tirelessly to help our clients achieve their goals – and we do it by supporting a high-energy and collaborative culture that ensures our people love the place they work.
Janus Henderson is a truly global manager with US$357.3bn1 of assets under management. We have a diverse geographic footprint, employing over 2,000 staff in 27 office locations globally. Headquartered in London, we are dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Australian Securities Exchange.
1Janus Henderson pro-forma AUM as at 31 March 2019
The Sales Support team is part of the EMEA & Latin American Distribution team and supports the Continental European businesses in servicing wholesale and intermediated segments. The team exists to enhance sales by providing comprehensive and proactive client service and regional sales support. In doing so, we develop close working relationships with clients and gain a clear understanding of their requirements.
What you will be doing and what you will learn
Provide general support to the Iberian, Latin American and US Offshore sales team as well as the wider EMEA sales team
- Being a point of contact for all sales people for any request.
- Helping to collate any required information that the sales team/client has requested in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide help with the proof-read of translations in the relevant language.
- Ensure updated marketing material is available for relevant regions and distribution channels at all times. Include materials such as factsheets, presentations and investment processes etc.
- Help with the creation and launch of new share classes for relevant jurisdictions as requested by clients/sales people.
- Coordinate and send out monthly/quarterly fund updates for relevant regions.
- Learn how to use different internal and external systems to general reports.
- Learn and coordinate the on-boarding of new clients, both Legal and Operationally.
- Help with the general maintenance and respond to queries from the team’s shared Inbox.
- Maintain a correct etiquette when communicating internally and externally via Email
You will gain a greater understanding of Janus Henderson’s products as well as Asset Management knowledge
- Attend different fund manager calls, meetings and events.
- Listen to the different videos/webcasts available.
- Read relevant articles, included the ones produced in-house.
- Attend appropriate internal and external courses.
- Communicate internally any relevant fund updates.
Coordinate with Sales and Marketing teams all the relevant roadshows
- Help with the general planning of the events.
- Assist Sales Managers when required in the provision of marketing materials for meetings and seminars.
- When attending, take notes on fund manager’s comments and client questions.
- Provide help with the follow-up of the event.
Monitor and report on sales and trading activity
- Get a deeper understanding of the internal systems used and be up to date with any changes or updates to inform the team.
- CRM activity logging (Phone call/meeting/roadshow activity)
- Check daily trades to ensure everything is correct and report any unusual activity
- Update any information on Contacts and Accounts as requested by the sales team to ensure the client database is accurate and comprehensive.
Liaise with internal departments and outsourced providers
- Due to the nature of the role you will receive many diverse queries which will mean gaining exposure to different teams.
- You will need to maintain a good relationship across the firm to ensure the information needed is provided in a timely manner.
Adhere to internal and external compliance procedures
- Make sure all of the information provided is aligned with the disclosure policy.
- Get relevant training and keep track of any relevant changes in regulation.
- TCF – Treating Customers Fairly.
- Maintain an up-to-date awareness of industry issues, news and legislative changes affecting the marketplace.
Attend training and develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills
- To maintain a thorough knowledge of Janus Henderson’s philosophy and product range.
- Keep up-to-date with Janus Henderson’s Fund Manager’s market views and forecasts for regular and carefully planned onward transmission to clients.
- Take personal responsibility for acquiring the relevant technical skills and knowledge needed to perform successfully the role.
What we are looking for
- The ability to speak a second language is preferred.
- Good communication skills both written and spoken.
- Computer skills including MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Be a competent user of Email and ideally have knowledge of database management.
- Literacy and Numeracy: especially the ability to demonstrate a high level of literacy.
At a minimum the role will require you to:
- Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first and always act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
- Understand and follow laws and regulations applicable for your role, seeking the help of your supervising manager or Compliance if you would like further explanation or direction regarding this
- Understand and abide by all Janus Henderson policies applicable to your role, and ask for the support/guidance of the policy owner if you are unsure at any time
- You are ultimately accountable for your actions and responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Janus Henderson Investors (including its subsidiaries) will not maintain existing or sponsor new industry registrations or licenses where not supported by an employee’s job functions (as determined by Janus Henderson Investors at its sole discretion).
All applicants must be willing to comply with the provisions of Janus Henderson Investors' Investment Advisory Code of Ethics related to personal securities activities and other disclosure and certification requirements, including past political contributions and political activities. Applicants’ past political contributions or activity may impact applicants’ eligibility for this position. Janus Henderson Investors is an equal opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. All applications are subject to background checks.